Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Hello,

Here is the version of the patch I have now.

- Fading in 3 stages
    - Rounded edges (my previous post was before I found a bug I had)
    - Inverse length of the scrubber to the length of the page.

The two example images show a short scrubber and a long scrubber for different length webpages.

If there is interest in having this in Preware, please contact TIWizard. The original idea and implementation was his.

For those having problems installing the patch, it looks like this patch is clashing with an earlier patch that you already installed. Please try uninstalling that patch and try again; if that doesn't work, I have no idea what could be causing the problems.

I confess I have no idea how to implement the other ideas I listed in my earlier posts.

- trigger event to show the scrollbar includes a touch event in addition to the
    scrolling event
    - Scrollable scroll bars ie., ability to scroll by dragging the scrollbars
    (TIWizard has mentioned he might incorporate this in a future version). Then there will be no confusion about the name of the patch.
    - Will a bright yellow scrollbar work since Palm seems to use that color in its
    design (highlighted text is bright yellow)?
    - Include a scrollbar for email and some other apps also?

Thanks & have fun!
    veerar.

PS. Disclaimer: //THIS PATCH WAS DEVELOPED ENTIRELY BY TIWIZARD.
    //This is simply a modification of HIS CODE.
    Ok, I've installed this patch with a little bit of tweaking (such as changing 87% to 80% and altering some of the colors), but I've been having a strange problem (which existed before my tweaks). When I scroll to the bottom of a page, the scrubber actually goes past the ends of the scrollbar and looks really ugly.

lame text example because I can't take a screenshot at the moment:

-- (top of scrollbar)
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    - (start of scrubber)
    |
    |
    -- (bottom of scrollbar)
    |
    |
    - (end of scrubber)

It seems to be stopping at the half-way point of the scrubber, and I don't know how to fix this, considering I have zero experience in coding like this. Any thoughts on how to tweak this tweak?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    wanted to bump this patch, especially with .patch installing by Internalz. Thanks TIWizard for patch and Jason Robitaille for Internalz direct patch install feature!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I love and this is one must have for me. Big thanks.
    Is there anyway to apply this same concept to the email app?
    I love this patch!!! Great job!
    Okay after some testing with Veerar's last modded patch, I also noticed that the scrubber went below the scroll bar. (I did not mod anything myself, I just used it as Veerar gave it) When I zoomed in and the scrubber became smaller, it seemed to stop perfectly when the scroll bar stopped. I don't know if that is any help. Just an observation I had when testing out the patch.

Once again, I love the patch and great job to both TIWizard and Veerar.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    so far this is still working for me on sprint pre with 1.4.5 even though preware lists it as still version 1.4.1. I'm gonna try and uninstall then reinstal with Internalz
    Hi,

I only just found out about this patch from a comment to the most recent pre-central article (about what people wanted from the app catalog). This is something that I've been missing for a long time.

I installed it with WOSQI and it works great.

Thank you TIWizard for a great patch!
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howardbw View Post
    Hi,

I only just found out about this patch from a comment to the most recent pre-central article (about what people wanted from the app catalog). This is something that I've been missing for a long time.

I installed it with WOSQI and it works great.

Thank you TIWizard for a great patch!
    Glad you found it... this patch rocks!

You can also email yourself the attached file, click on it in email app, and install via Internalz, and not even need to get the cord out of your touchstone to connect to the computer. i haven't "plugged' my phone in for months!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Weird, I've installed Veerar's 1.4.5-1 version, and nothing new appears in my browser.

Possibly related: I started by opening this thread on my Pre and clicking the link to the patch, and that opened the patch file in Internalz. However, it gave a very nondescript error when trying to install. So I pulled out the ol' USB cable and installed it through WOSQI. Luna automatically restarted. But there's no scrollbar. :-(

I know nothing about the patch process, but is there a file on the system I can open up to verify that the changes from the patch were actually made correctly?

Edit: I just checked Preware and the patch is listed as installed.

Edit 2: I used WOSQI to uninstall the patch, and after the Luna restart I tried installing it again. I got a big ugly error, pictured below. I think I'm going to stop trying now...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Staedtler; 08/16/2010 at 03:17 PM.
    Bell Palm Pre
    When Bell says "It's ON," I'm pretty sure they mean it as a threat.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Staedtler View Post
    Weird, I've installed Veerar's 1.4.5-1 version, and nothing new appears in my browser.

Possibly related: I started by opening this thread on my Pre and clicking the link to the patch, and that opened the patch file in Internalz. However, it gave a very nondescript error when trying to install. So I pulled out the ol' USB cable and installed it through WOSQI. Luna automatically restarted. But there's no scrollbar. :-(

I know nothing about the patch process, but is there a file on the system I can open up to verify that the changes from the patch were actually made correctly? ...
    Try the first link on first screen, original patch, and click the email attachment buttont. then on your pre open email, tap attachment to download it, then tap again to open, will open in Internalz. Then tap install. After luna restart (as needed for pretty much all patches) should work great, or at least that is how I did it after 1.4.5 update.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Well, that was pretty messed up. Whenever I try to download the patch attachment from veerar's post (in the webOS browser), it downloads a 42 kB HTML file, and not the patch itself. :-P I eventually clued in to the "e-mail attachment" option that bjs188 suggested.

Anyways, somehow during my bumbling a major browser app file had been deleted, so my browser wouldn't even work at all. I pulled out the WebOS Repair Utility and extracted the missing file to the phone, and it was happy again. I then tried installing the correct patch file within Internalz, and it actually worked.

So I finally have a scroll bar, yay! Thanks veerar! The only sad thing is that the scrubber extends beyond the bottom of the scrollbar when you reach the bottom of the page, but that's a cosmetic issue for now.
    Bell Palm Pre
    When Bell says "It's ON," I'm pretty sure they mean it as a threat.
    Great patch - and I love Alien Invaders!!!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I absolutely love this patch! Thanks for all your hard work. This is another example of why the palm community is the best.
    Palm for life
    IIIx...TE...TX...Pre

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    works great. emailed and installed through internalz. thanks
    Any thoughts on making this available through Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by malber View Post
    Any thoughts on making this available through Preware?
    I've been wondering why it has been taking so long.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Please get this in Preware. I've been wanting it awhile, but I hate installing things through WOSQI, because if there is an update, you have to do it manually. It takes longer to install in the first place. And I don't like installing patches with different methods.
    I wonder if the reason it's not in Preware is that there are so many "versions" of this patch.

I personally prefer the one on the original post in this thread, thin without the horizontal scrollbar.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Will we have a draggable scroll bar soon?

The reason I ask, is I used a jailed broken iphone for a few days, and installed a patch called quick drag, simply a two fingered tap on the screen bought up a wide scroll bar at the side, and when applicable at the bottom of the page that could be used to scroll to anywhere in the page