Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #41  
    [QUOTE=2sslow;2384547]
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Yeah, this will probably be coming soon.

I hope I didnt step on your toes by modifying your patch? I was just stating what I would like and others asked for me to post it.

No offence meant. If you want me to remove it just let me know and I will do so.

my version will most likely be obsolete as soon as you post an updated version anyway.

BTW great Work on this it was much needed!
    Definitely not! I prefer the slimmer version but since there are people who want the wider version I figure it is easier for me to copy and paste the file and change a number instead of making other people do it :P
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  2.    #42  
    New version with horizontal scrollbar. There are now two versions-- one 2 pixels wide and another 10 pixels wide.

UNINSTALL THE OLD ONE FIRST!

Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    so the updated version works landscape and portrait ?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    so the updated version works landscape and portrait ?
    The old and new versions work in landscape and portrait.
    Awesome! Great work. The "Old" one is soo much better!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Wonderful patch.

Have been missing this since day 1.

Requests:
    1-Dont show horizontal or the vertical scrollbars if the entire page fits that dimension on the screen. Especially the horizontal scroll bar on mobile websites.

2- I played around with the numbers in the patch. I like the following: Timeout at 250ms (2000 is too long), height: 88%; top: 6%; right: 2px; for the vertical scroll bar (longer and closer to the right edge) seemed to be a better choices. But you choose the final values.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by veerar; 04/15/2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Added request (1), (2)
    I read the thread and this might be a stupid question but this just shows you where you are on the page?
  8.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Wonderful patch.

Have been missing this since day 1.

Requests:
    1-Dont show horizontal or the vertical scrollbars if the entire page fits that dimension on the screen. Especially the horizontal scroll bar on mobile websites.

Thanks again!
    Good idea

Quote Originally Posted by tbaker55 View Post
    I read the thread and this might be a stupid question but this just shows you where you are on the page?
    Yeah, right now. I will try and get the actual scrolling part working soon.
    I prefer the "old" version (2 pixels)... it looks awesome and non-intrusive. Thanks for your work TIWizard! I've been wanting this patch for a long long time.
    Good idea

Yeah, right now. I will try and get the actual scrolling part working soon.
    Ok I was just wondering if it was working like it should. Looking forward to the scrolling part to work.

thanks
    This patch adds in a 2 pixel wide scrollbar in the browser. It appears when you start scrolling or moving the page and disappears after 2 seconds of idle time.
    Would it be possible to try scrollbar disappear after 1 second and see how that works? I personally prefer the larger size if it would disappear a little faster. Thanks for you efforts everyone.
    Thanks soo much. This is exactly the patch I was asking for. I just wanted to be able to know when I was gonna hit the bottom of the page and this patch does exactly that and more. Thanks again.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Wrong thread

However, feedback for the scrollbar patch:

Thanks for fixing the scrollbar bug where it wouldn't reach the bottom - works perfectly now This is the sort of patch that looks native - it works great.

Just a few things to iron out:

1) Hide horizontal bar when horizontal scrolling is impossible
    2) Much faster time out - it would look really slick to fade out just after you remove your finger from the screen.

Really do appreciate the time you've spent on this, hope you're not too offended by all of us clamouring to change your work
    Last edited by SqyArc; 04/16/2010 at 02:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Working great on a Sprint 1.4.1.1 Pixi and Pre. Thanks a lot, this is pretty awesome!
  15.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Wrong thread

However, feedback for the scrollbar patch:

Thanks for fixing the scrollbar bug where it wouldn't reach the bottom - works perfectly now This is the sort of patch that looks native - it works great.

Just a few things to iron out:

1) Hide horizontal bar when horizontal scrolling is impossible
    2) Much faster time out - it would look really slick to fade out just after you remove your finger from the screen.

Really do appreciate the time you've spent on this, hope you're not too offended by all of us clamouring to change your work
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Would it be possible to try scrollbar disappear after 1 second and see how that works? I personally prefer the larger size if it would disappear a little faster. Thanks for you efforts everyone.
    I'll try doing a 200-500ms timeout with the next version. I'll also hide the horizontal scrollbar when the screen is as wide or a little wider than the screen. Thanks for all the feedbaack
  16.    #57  
    Ok, so for the next version:

Horizontal scrollbar hidden when the page is as wide as the screen
    Shorter timeout

For the shorter timeout, would you guys prefer it to completely disappear after 200-500 MS or fade out to a lighter color for 1-1.5 seconds (after the 200-500ms idle time) then completely disappear?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Hey' Could you also raise the lower bar just slightly to just ubove the icons at the bottom, for those of us who have forward, back, and bookmark icons. Right now it is behind some of them. Thanks
    Ok, so for the next version:

Horizontal scrollbar hidden when the page is as wide as the screen
    Shorter timeout

For the shorter timeout, would you guys prefer it to completely disappear after 200-500 MS or fade out to a lighter color for 1-1.5 seconds (after the 200-500ms idle time) then completely disappear?
    I think the fade might look nicer
    can't say that I want an horizontal scrollbar. How wide can a page be anyway? I think I will stick with the original, just less things on the screen and great for long pages. I don't even know how this would work with other patches such as the bookmarks and new card in browser where there is sometimes four icons ar the bottom.

Seems like just a lot of extra work for the developer for something that's not really necessary and will never look as good as or be as useful as the vertical.
    Last edited by laingman; 04/16/2010 at 05:38 PM.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast