Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Great job! It makes the Browser fel more complete.
    Does the white piece show how much of the full page you are seeing, or is it fixed like the ancient windoze 3.1 days? I can't test while at work, unfortunately.
    : (){:|:&};:
  3.    #23  
    the white bar just shows how far down a page you are scrolled like on any other web browser. Making it resize based on how much of the page you actually see (i believe the iphpne does this... ) Is on the list
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    This is awesome, can't wait for it to hit Preware. That or I have to go out of my comfort zone and learn how to install a .patch file. Edit: Ok, that's easy enough to do.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/15/2010 at 09:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Love this! Did you by chance see my suggestion at the end of the '"request thread". Would it be possibly to do a meta swipe? Like, one finger on the gesture area, then swipe up or down to jump to the top/bottom of the page?
    Can't wait to try this patch out...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    thanks so much, I was really hoping for a patch like this!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Excellent work. Great to have some visual cues as to where I am on the page.
    Edit: Sorry, you've already addressed this - ignore me
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    Love this! Did you by chance see my suggestion at the end of the '"request thread". Would it be possibly to do a meta swipe? Like, one finger on the gesture area, then swipe up or down to jump to the top/bottom of the page?
    definitely

I'll submit this to preware after I finish horizontal scrollbars and the metaswipe (which I may just make a separate patch for)
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=2sslow;2383086]Looks Great, But seemed a little small so I edited it a little for my liking!

What do you think?

[IMG]

[IMG]

sorry but I prefer the narrow bar
    I was obviously reading too fast earlier... I thought the scrollbar was going to allow you to grab it and quickly scroll the page (hence the name scrollbar ) Do you know if you will be able to do that at some point or will it be more of a position indicator? This does help you know where you are, but I'm hoping for a functional scrollbar someday.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    This is awesome, can't wait for it to hit Preware. That or I have to go out of my comfort zone and learn how to install a .patch file. Edit: Ok, that's easy enough to do.
    how'd you do that? Is there anyway to install a .patch directly to phone BEFORE it hits preware? I tried downloading the file, but when I tap it, it doesn't do anything.

EDIT; oh, its easy with webos quick install, just drag patch over (or add file) and push install. Thanks everyone (and thanks Jason R for wosqi)
    Last edited by bjs188; 04/29/2010 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    how'd you do that? Is there anyway to install a .patch directly to phone BEFORE it hits preware? I tried downloading the file, but when I tap it, it doesn't do anything.
    How To: Install .patch files with WOSQI

15.    #35  
    I was obviously reading too fast earlier... I thought the scrollbar was going to allow you to grab it and quickly scroll the page (hence the name scrollbar ) Do you know if you will be able to do that at some point or will it be more of a position indicator? This does help you know where you are, but I'm hoping for a functional scrollbar someday.
    Yeah, this will probably be coming soon.

[QUOTE=bjs188;2384203]
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Looks Great, But seemed a little small so I edited it a little for my liking!

What do you think?

[IMG]

[IMG]

sorry but I prefer the narrow bar
    I will end up posting 2 version from now on-- wide and narrow so you can choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    What he said.

On a side note, I tried to install it in the emulator first, but I got errors.
  17.    #37  
    What he said.

On a side note, I tried to install it in the emulator first, but I got errors.
    Make sure you are using the 1.4.1 SDK, and even then I don't know if it will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Yeah, this will probably be coming soon.
    Awesome! Bonus points for editing the underlying scrollable widget framework files so it works as an optional feature for all apps.
    [QUOTE=TIWizard;2384247]Yeah, this will probably be coming soon.

I will end up posting 2 version from now on-- wide and narrow so you can choose.

I hope I didnt step on your toes by modifying your patch? I was just stating what I would like and others asked for me to post it.

No offence meant. If you want me to remove it just let me know and I will do so.

my version will most likely be obsolete as soon as you post an updated version anyway.

BTW great Work on this it was much needed!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    this is great now all we need is a quick way to get back to the top (similar to the iphone's double tap on top of screen if I recall) unless one has been made already?
    have you tried the Broswer Multi Mod patch? it provides keyboard shortcuts.. e.g. Space = page down, Period = Page up, backspace = go to top, enter = go to bottom
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast