1.    #1  
    This patch allows you to edit an existing calendar item as a new item and edit it. (e.g. copy and modify it)

* 16-04-2010: updated patch: the menu item is disabled when editing a new item and fixed the delete button when editing an event as a new item.
    * 20-04-2010: in Preware
    * 20-04-2010: goes to the edit date/time screen after pressing the 'edit as new' button
    * 11-03-2011: updated for webOS 2.1

This patch is available in Preware.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lexb; 03/11/2011 at 05:46 AM.
    My patches:

All my patches are available in Preware.
  2.    #3  
    * 16-04-2009: updated patch: the menu item is disabled when editing a new item and fixed the delete button when editing an event as a new item.

Check the OP for the updated patch file.

The previous version of the patch has been submitted to WebOS-Internals to be included in Preware, currently waiting for approval. I will immediately update it to the new version after it has been approved.
    Last edited by lexb; 08/26/2010 at 04:30 AM.
    My patches:

3.    #4  
    The first version is in Preware and the current version is awaiting approval.

EDIT: it just hit the webos-patches feed and is available in Preware
    Last edited by lexb; 08/26/2010 at 04:30 AM.
    My patches:

4.    #5  
    * 20-04-2010: goes to the edit date/time screen after pressing the 'edit as new' button
    My patches:

Had to post a recommendation for this patch. It allows you to copy an existing event and schedule it for another date and time. Great for things like doctor appointments when you want to use all of the existing information to schedule a new appointment - or repeated meetings with the same people at the same place but at random times. Adds valuable functionality that was lacking in calendar.
  6.    #7  
    From now on I'm accepting donations, if you like this patch please show you appreciation by donating a small amount of money (link in signature).
    My patches:

7.    #8  
    I've just released a webOS 2.1 compatible version of the patch (use the patch file with -2 in the filename). The update is submitted for Preware.
    My patches:

Is this patch compatible with ubercalendar?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Is this patch compatible with ubercalendar?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I haven't tested this. If you do, please post your results.
    My patches:

Quote Originally Posted by lexb View Post
    I haven't tested this. If you do, please post your results.
    I have ubercalender installed and tried to install your patch. It failed with the following messages in the webos-patches.log:

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Wed Mar 30 08:39:24 CEST 2011
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-edit-item-as-new/calendar-edit-item-as-new.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 14.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 420.
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 810.
    3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 14.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 419.
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 801.
    3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Installation FAILED!
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-edit-item-as-new
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-edit-item-as-new:
    calendar-edit-item-as-new.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    This patch is definitely not compatible with UberCalendar - functionality is included in UberCalendar.