Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    OK…I wasn't sure what to do with this one, so I'm starting a patch thread before I submit the update to Preware.

    Thanks to jhoff80 some of us are hooked on not hearing the shutter sound…Unfortunately, Palm changed something, so the previous method isn't stopping the sound.

    I created this updated patch using a piece from Jason's Really Silent Ringer Switch patch to mute the system sounds while the camera card is in focus.

    All in all, thanks to Jason & jhoff80!


    2010-05-11: Reworked to fix issue with slider re-enabling shutter sound.

    .
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. #2  
    Glad someone updated this, I got a few messages on Twitter about it after 1.4.1(.1).

    The old patch used just an unexposed Palm setting, so when that didn't work, I really didn't know myself any other way to update it.

    Besides which, I'm currently running stock myself except for the 800MHz overclock.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    ...
    The old patch used just an unexposed Palm setting, so when that didn't work, I really didn't know myself any other way to update it.
    ...
    I'm thinking Palm moved the sound control into the binary to avoid the jsjsjs $lag$ $due$ $to$ $the$ $tidbit$ $below$ $from$ $the$ $1$.$4$.$1$(.$1$) $changelog$.

    This release corrects a lag in the shutter sound when you take a picture.
    .
  4. #4  
    Just turn on silent.
  5. #5  
    OK, so when this Patch was recently updated I installed the update and it worked. Now for some reason it is not working again.

    I removed the patch and reinstalled it again and still there is sound, Hmmm.....

    Any ideas? Am I the only person with this issue?
    Last edited by huffman01; 04/22/2010 at 01:45 PM.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    OK, so when this Patch was recently updated I installed the update and it worked. Now for some reason it is not working again.

    I removed the patch and reinstalled it again and still there is sound, Hmmm.....

    Any ideas? Am I the only person with this issue?
    Thanks for reporting this issue.

    I've determined the sound is being unmuted when the slider is opened while using the Camera app...However, the card can be minimized and maximized to remute the sound...I'll look into fixing this problem a posting/submitting any update as soon as I get a chance.

    .
  7.    #7  
    For anyone interested, I reworked this patch to prevent the slider from re-enabling the shutter sound.

    Basically, it just mutes the system sound by piggybacking the activity-based screen timeout block already present in the Camera app.

    .
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    For anyone interested, I reworked this patch to prevent the slider from re-enabling the shutter sound.

    Basically, it just mutes the system sound by piggybacking the activity-based screen timeout block already present in the Camera app.

    .
    This is great. Will it be in Preware soon or is it located here on Pre Central somewhere that I cen get it downloaded?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    This is great. Will it be in Preware soon or is it located here on Pre Central somewhere that I cen get it downloaded?

    I should have mentioned I updated the patch file in the OP, and I have the update submitted to Preware.

    .
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    I should have mentioned I updated the patch file in the OP, and I have the update submitted to Preware.

    .
    Works perfect.

    Thank you
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

  11.    #11  
    Preware now has the updated versions, as posted above.

    .
  12. GreyRogue's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #12  
    After my little trip to the Dr. this morning, I found that Preware had this patch listed as "not available for 1.4.5". Anyone have any idea why this would be?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyRogue View Post
    After my little trip to the Dr. this morning, I found that Preware had this patch listed as "not available for 1.4.5". Anyone have any idea why this would be?
    There are many many patches that were available in the past for 1.4.5 and now they're not. I don't know why, I'm still trying to find a reason in the forums...
    (others like video camera flashlight are also not available)
    Last edited by Mahonni; 07/27/2011 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Added quoting
  14. GreyRogue's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonni View Post
    There are many many patches that were available in the past for 1.4.5 and now they're not. I don't know why, I'm still trying to find a reason in the forums...
    (others like video camera flashlight are also not available)
    Well, at least I know now that it's not just some weirdness on my phone....
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyRogue View Post
    Well, at least I know now that it's not just some weirdness on my phone....
    Luckily we can install this patch manually, since it's posted here. I'd prefer to have it in Preware, but at least we have alternatives.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions