View Poll Results: How do you like the glow to pulse?

Voters
405. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regular speed.

    151 37.28%
  • Faster.

    202 49.88%
  • No glow at all.

    52 12.84%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 299
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #141  
    BTW...With the express version, I tried to time it out, so the second pulse will happen as most apps come forward...YMMV.

    .
  2. #142  
    @xanthinealkaloid... the express patch is absolutely perfect!... the timing is awesome.. great job xan, you really hit the right spot on this one! your work an dedication is greatly appreciated and valued! Donation coming thru, make way!
  3. #143  
    Hey... I had the original patch from post 75. So I thought I would delete it (using WebOS QI) and try the patches below. I tried the Express then the Hyper, both to no avail. The applications loaded at normal speeds for both patches. I then put the original modification back on, and it works fine (lightening quick with strobe-like glow pulsations). Did anyone else have issues with these newest ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    OK...Here's all 3 versions all in one post...I hope this covers everyone...

    All the animations speeds are identically, except for the glow speed which is designated in the patch name.

    Hyper = same flashing glow as the previous posted patch
    Express = just slightly faster pulse than norm
    None = no glow

    I did tweak the patch just slightly because I found a very small mod which makes it perfect...The change is very slight, so it's up to you if you want to uninstall & reinstall...This should be the final versions.



    Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community...If you use it, please take a moment to click the thanks button, as it goes a long way to keeping me motivated.
    .
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    Hey... I had the original patch from post 75. So I thought I would delete it (using WebOS QI) and try the patches below. I tried the Express then the Hyper, both to no avail. The applications loaded at normal speeds for both patches. I then put the original modification back on, and it works fine (lightening quick with strobe-like glow pulsations). Did anyone else have issues with these newest ones?
    I went through all the patches again and did an uninstall/reinstall/test on each one...They all seem to be working fine.

    You may have gotten patch stuck somehow...The easiest solution is to uninstall and replace the file shown below via the Tools menu with the Restore Specific File option.

    Code:
    /etc/palm/lunaAnimations.conf
    .
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    Hey... I had the original patch from post 75. So I thought I would delete it (using WebOS QI) and try the patches below. I tried the Express then the Hyper, both to no avail. The applications loaded at normal speeds for both patches. I then put the original modification back on, and it works fine (lightening quick with strobe-like glow pulsations). Did anyone else have issues with these newest ones?
    same thing here. deleted the old one, now none of the new ones work.
    tried to install the one from post 75 and it also doesnt work now.
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    same thing here. deleted the old one, now none of the new ones work.
    tried to install the one from post 75 and it also doesnt work now.
    Sames advice as above...I can't really tell you why it's happening...I've installed and uninstalled all these patches on my Pre at least half a dozen times each without any issues.

    .
  7. #147  
    Thanks so much for the Express version - it's so much nicer now (no more seizures!)
  8. orizzle's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    same thing here. deleted the old one, now none of the new ones work.
    tried to install the one from post 75 and it also doesnt work now.
    just installed the express and it works perfect!!!
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
  9. stephentr's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #149  
    nice patch!! amazing speeds.
  10. #150  
    Is it in the feed on preware,my computer is down.
  11. #151  
    Actually, I kinda like the quick pulsating glow. If I slowed it down, it would probably make me think the animations were slower, too.

    Thanks for the great work!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    I went through all the patches again and did an uninstall/reinstall/test on each one...They all seem to be working fine.

    You may have gotten patch stuck somehow...The easiest solution is to uninstall and replace the file shown below via the Tools menu with the Restore Specific File option.

    Code:
    /etc/palm/lunaAnimations.conf
    .
  12. #152  
    Just donated!!!!!!!!
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Sames advice as above...I can't really tell you why it's happening...I've installed and uninstalled all these patches on my Pre at least half a dozen times each without any issues.

    .
    i wish i would understand the advice. can u please give me a quick step by step guide to it? trhanks
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    i wish i would understand the advice. can u please give me a quick step by step guide to it? trhanks
    Here's the link to Jason's tool:

    WebOS Repair Utility v2.01

    Other than that, please see the attached sceenshots....Please note the last screenshot has a different file path.

    I hope this helps.
    .
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Is it in the feed on preware,my computer is down.
    Not just yet, but it has been submitted...Hopefully, it will get added over the weekend.

    .
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Here's the link to Jason's tool:

    WebOS Repair Utility v2.01

    Other than that, please see the attached sceenshots....Please note the last screenshot has a different file path.

    I hope this helps.
    .
    thanks. went to the utility, tools, restore, copied the path from your post and then pressed scan/restore.it opened a new window so i can pick the file. where do i get the new file from? thanks
  17. #157  
    [QUOTE=xanthinealkaloid;2385755]Not just yet, but it has been submitted...Hopefully, it will get added over the weekend.

    Thanks,will be looking out.
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    thanks. went to the utility, tools, restore, copied the path from your post and then pressed scan/restore.it opened a new window so i can pick the file. where do i get the new file from? thanks
    If your talking about step 3, you need to go here to download the correct doctor version.

    .
  19. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    If your talking about step 3, you need to go here to download the correct doctor version.

    .
    fixed. as always, thank you.
  20. #160  
    I tried to install the Express patch and got the following error message:

    An error occurred while attempting to run: /tmp/scriptFile.sh

    It said that 2 out of 10 hunks failed.

    What do I do now? I tried each patch and got the same error message for each.

    Thanks!
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions