View Poll Results: How do you like the glow to pulse?

Voters
405. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regular speed.

151 37.28%
  • Faster.

202 49.88%
  • No glow at all.

52 12.84%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    @zan HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH i pee'd a little its so fast now!!!! thanks!!!
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Got a caffine kick for my baby (Pre). Thanks Xan.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    this is awesome. it makes my seem like it's been smokin' crack. you can close a card before it even moves to center .
    check out music player remix with the patch and 800mhz. I always hated the fonts on the splash screen and now it's not even there long enough to see what it says. Great job.
    Holy **** this is patch is awesome. It should be on the front page.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    It might only be a visual effect but perception is often as important as reality. This patch makes it look like my little Pre has downed a couple of Red Bulls! Great work!
    Put this file in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ to eliminate the glow, which looks even dumber now that it's sped up 3x.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Put this file in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ to eliminate the glow, which looks even dumber now that it's sped up 3x.
    Ahhhh, much better! Now I dont feel like I'm gonna have a seizure when loading an app
    I've also made every loading scrim on my phone transparent, and my next step is to make every 256x256 loading icon transparent as well. That should leave just the rectangular border... or so I hope.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by tlower View Post
    Ahhhh, much better! Now I dont feel like I'm gonna have a seizure when loading an app
    LOL...that's funny...Actually, the thought crossed my mind, then I fell to floor writhing in a pool of my own saliva.

Changing the image is one way to do it I guess, but if you're going to have this patch loaded here's a version which shouldn't have any pulse at all but keeps the glow.

This patch is for version 1.4.1(.1).

Please see post #134 for most current patch....Please answer the glow poll.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community...If you use it, please take a moment to click the thanks button, as it goes a long way to keeping me motivated.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    LOL...that's funny...Actually, the thought crossed my mind, then I fell to floor writhing in a pool of my own saliva.
    you'll be alright. Just make sure to dry yourself off when you get up
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I think I'll try it with the glow and see how that looks. I just couldn't handle the flashing...Felt like I needed to start dancing or something everytime I saw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post

Changing the image is one way to do it I guess, but if you're going to have this patch loaded here's a version which shouldn't have any pulse at all but keeps the glow.

fast, but I don't see the glow.. Maybe I'm not looking at the right thing.
    I love it...BUT I WISH there was the regular glow
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
    fast, but I don't see the glow.. Maybe I'm not looking at the right thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I love it...BUT I WISH there was the regular glow
    I'm checking it out...The value I put in must have been invalid...I'll repost the file above when it's working.

i installed the latest patch but the glow is back to its normal speed any ideas?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I have been asking for this for so long and no one knew what i was talking about! thanks a ton.
    Id love the regular glow also
    I hated the glow, so I eliminated it by renaming loading-glow.png in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ to something else.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    i installed the latest patch but the glow is back to its normal speed any ideas?
    If you're using the patch from post# 75, the glow should be flashing...If you're using the no pulse version, you shouldn't see any glow.

If neither of these scenarios are true, then you need to uninstall and reinstall to see what happens.

Any chance to get the regular glow back?
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast