View Poll Results: How do you like the glow to pulse?

Voters
405. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regular speed.

151 37.28%
  • Faster.

202 49.88%
  • No glow at all.

52 12.84%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I shared my settings with xan and my pre is on fire.!!
    This is a seriously cool patch. It really does make the experience of using the phone feel significantly faster! Coupled with the 800mhz kernel it really flies. I will definitely continue to use this patch. Great work!!!
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    amazing I must say!!! You did a really good job on this patch.
    Dude, works like a charm. It wouldn't install cleanly for me (on Bell, 1.4.1), so I just opened a terminal, went into vi (yay!) and did 'er up myself. Awesome! Makes it snappier, no doubt about it!

I think it really DOES make it faster by reducing the actual time that it takes to pull up an app. That's just my thought, anyhow, but those fractions of a second add up, ya know!
    using with the 720 patch with the scaling app..and holy...

great patch great job
    This is a really neat patch. An additional benefit that I hadn't realized reading this thread is that the fade-in when changing scenes (for example, selecting an item in the Music app or moving through the Preware app) is really quick too - so yes, the cards look like they're loading quicker but it also feels much faster once you're inside the app too
    I noticed that as well. I looked at the code and made some more tweaks and it really flys.
    what happened to the link for this patch/
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    I was wondering the same thing. This patch sounds outstanding, but I cant find the download link anywhere!
    I want to download it, where is the link?
    I think Xan has probably removed the link so he can edit the settings for a faster/cooler patch. Hold on to your horses, it won't take long
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I shared my settings with xan and my pre is on fire.!!
    Thanks, mamouton, for making me take a look at tweaking it up a little more and the launcher related suggestions...The launcher stuff makes Jason's Auto-Popup & Hide Quick Lanucher patches even better.

I do like it more, so here's the final product which is getting submitted for Preware.

This patch is for version 1.4.1(.1).

Please see post #134 for most current patch....Please answer the glow poll.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community...If you use it, please take a moment to click the thanks button, as it goes a long way to keeping me motivated.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I think Xan has probably removed the link so he can edit the settings for a faster/cooler patch. Hold on to your horses, it won't take long
    Right...I got interupted while I was in the process of reposting.

Love the new settings - is there a way to speed up scrolling between pages in the launcher also?
    lol this patch is crazy...lol i love it...
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Love the new settings - is there a way to speed up scrolling between pages in the launcher also?
    Install the Wrap Pages patch...It eliminates the transitions.

17. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Uh....wow... that's crazy, love this patch!
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I get an error.
    An error occured while attempting to rub /tmp/scriptFile.sh

2 out of 10 hunks failed

nm didnt realize this was for 1.4.1. Found answer on a previous page
    Last edited by Ravaloft; 04/14/2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Found answer on other page
    @xan you changed several other files a good improvement. I will be installing this version now.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravaloft View Post
    I get an error.
    An error occured while attempting to rub /tmp/scriptFile.sh

2 out of 10 hunks failed

nm didnt realize this was for 1.4.1. Found answer on a previous page
    yes...I'll make a note right now.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast