View Poll Results: How do you like the glow to pulse?

Voters
405. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regular speed.

151 37.28%
  • Faster.

202 49.88%
  • No glow at all.

52 12.84%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    It seems to me that it changes orientation faster too. This is s keeper.
    The cards have a very nice speed to them now. My device feels so much quicker. Great work!
    Can't get this to install through WOSQI...

Phone is hooked up to just charge.
    Developer mode is on.
    Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling WOSQI and Novacom.
    On WebOS 1.4...

Here's what I get when trying to install...

******* Patch Log Created by postinst Wed Apr 14 08:13:28 CDT 2010 ************

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Wed Apr 14 08:13:28 CDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.mod-card-animations/mod-card-animations.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file etc/palm/lunaAnimations.conf
    Hunk #5 FAILED at 32.
    1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/lunaAnimations.conf.rej

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file etc/palm/lunaAnimations.conf
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/lunaAnimations.conf.rej

Installation FAILED!
    1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/lunaAnimations.conf.rej
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.mod-card-animations
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.mod-card-animations:
    mod-card-animations.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    Last edited by ScorpionSoul; 04/14/2010 at 08:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    UPDATE: Never mind. I just created my 1st patch and it's xanthinealkaloid's patch for WebOS v1.4.0. I credited xanthinealkaloid in the header. I have attached this version to this post.

I'm still on WebOS v1.4 and it looks like the patch is for v1.4.1 (I get 1 hunk failure when I install). Can you add v1.4.0 in your 1st post please if you have it? Thanks. thorne
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by thornev; 04/14/2010 at 11:10 AM.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Quick question:
    For some reason the patches I install through QI lately have this result:
    I install it, it shows it installed but does not work. I uninstall, reinstall and it works..?
    I went through this with you on the 'Share Image Message Option' patch a few days ago where I ended up with it showing up twice in PW. (I now only un/install via PW or QI, not installing with one and uninstalling with the other)

My patches download using 'Notepad' for some reason. It did not use to do that but I can't remember what the ideal default was? They all still work, I just have to go through this twice each time for some reason.

Any obvious things pop out at ya as to why?
    I'm not sure about the first part…

As for how the patch files are downloading, you probably need to go into your browser settings and change what it's doing to automatically open the files into Notepad…In the menu for Firefox, you go to Tools -- Options; then click on Applications; and find PATCH file in the list to see what it's doing…You may need to highlight it and change the behavior via the dropdown box.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post

Now my Pre can keep peeing on those iPhonies!
    My thoughts exactly…The only thing that really irks me about the iPhone is how the ads(and the people that use them) flaunt what the apps can do which could be done on any device(possibly even better)…Now, v4 is going make it even more difficult for devs to make apps on multiple platforms because of the underlying architecture of the OS…Apple is turning into the new Microsoft…rant done!

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    Can't get this to install through WOSQI...

Phone is hooked up to just charge.
    Developer mode is on.
    Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling WOSQI and Novacom.
    On WebOS 1.4...

Here's what I get when trying to install...
    If your running 1.4, it's not going to work…Please see thornev's post.

Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    UPDATE: Never mind. I just created my 1st patch and it's xanthinealkaloid's patch for OS v1.4.0. I credited xanthinealkaloid in the header.

I'm still on WebOS v1.4 and it looks like the patch is for v1.4.1 (I get 1 hunk failure when I install). Can you add v1.4.0 in your 1st post please if you have it? Thanks. thorne
    Please feel free to share the 1.4 verion you created here for others…Thanks…Josh

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    "Please feel free to share the 1.4 verion you created here for others…Thanks…Josh"

Done in post# 45. thorne
    is this in preware yet?
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    "Please feel free to share the 1.4 verion you created here for others…Thanks…Josh"

Done in post# 45. thorne
    Outstanding, thanks!
    Works Great!!

it could be made clearer in the OP that the "mods" patch is for 1.4.1. tried to install the the 1.4 "faster" patch first, didn't work so tried the one in the OP, and it applied fine.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    This is great! The feel is so much faster. Wonderful compliment to the 800mhz patch!
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Amazing!!!
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    i have the newest 800 ipk installed(uni/caj) with the uber scale app set to 500-800, and cant see any differance in speed with this patch. am i missing something?
    I had requested something like this a while back and was told it wasn't possible. Glad to see that you proved them wrong
    Can't wait for this to be on preware. Sounds like a good patch.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    love the patch & donated, thanks.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    i just installed on pixi feels faster

Why would you want to load any cards with that wallpaper?
    Gahd this patch is just peach. Thank you, contributors like yourself are a vital part of this community.
    please submit this to preware, my computer is busted right now and I can't use WOSQI
    Great patch. Sometimes apps would not open at all, and I would have to close it and then open it again to get it to work. But, not that never happens.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Nice, I like it. Thanks!
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast