View Poll Results: How do you like the glow to pulse?

Voters
405. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regular speed.

151 37.28%
  • Faster.

202 49.88%
  • No glow at all.

52 12.84%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I told you!!
    I'm only running 720 and it's a huge difference, I can only imagine how the 800Mhz is working with it. It may only appear faster, but lets be honest that's the most important part to most users anyway. With the real speed boost from overclocking and the perceived speed boost from this patch I'm in heaven. My phone's just zipping around, like Pre on rocket fuel
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I agree with the cherry on top analogy. My Pre is just swiping and launching away now. I love it!!!
    If your changes worked and you want to, go ahead and post your modded settings...I may make a few minor adjustments anyway.

For certain, I think I should have left in the reduction to the minimize duration, so I'll have to put it back when I submit the patch for Preware.

If you post I will try. This is great.
    haha it makes my pixi seem faster hehe

+100!!!
    my wosqi isn't working for some reason. Dev mode is on. It's plugged in correctly and I clicked "just charge". I did the usual and it still doesn't work. Any chance you can put the patch on preware soon?
    When this "feature" was introduced with 1.4 I immediately thought it was an improvement, but that the cards should load to full screen before the app was done.

Even if the flashing had the same frequency as the original code and the card load as slow, it will make an impression that the app is loading quicker if the card shortly starts to maximise. It doesn't really need to do it fast(er).

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
  8.    #28  
    Is there a way to make a preference box to set the speeds to one's desire?
    I don't think so because we're modifying a conf file...It would probably require a luna restart like the duration in call log patch...Anyhow, I don't know how to pull off that one.

Admittedly, I'm really glad to see some folks like this one...It's amusing to me because I was thinking it was kind of silly when I put it together the other day...It grew on me though after I used it for awhile.

ok i got it to work. it works great
    This is a nice one are you going to repost with the reduction to the minimize duration setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Admittedly, I'm really glad to see some folks like this one...It's amusing to me because I was thinking it was kind of silly when I put it together the other day...It grew on me though after I used it for awhile.

Not silly in the slightest. Like I said perception of speed is just as important as actual speed. It's like those rides at disney land that make you think you're moving forward when you really aren't (ala Star Tours) if it feels faster that's almost as good as actually going faster. I'm glad you decided to give this to the rest of us, it really compliments the Pre (and by proxy the pixi) very well, I would imagine some optimization like this will be involved in future versions of webOS, or at very least I hope so.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    When this "feature" was introduced with 1.4 I immediately thought it was an improvement, but that the cards should load to full screen before the app was done.

Even if the flashing had the same frequency as the original code and the card load as slow, it will make an impression that the app is loading quicker if the card shortly starts to maximise. It doesn't really need to do it fast(er).
    Just to clarify...Your correct because my point of trying this was to get the app into the foreground to meet a condition in Jason's Launcher Auto-Popup patch...Hence, the noticable differences should be in the app load-to-maximize, other cards moving out of the way, and maximizing a minimized app.

The increased flashing was just for fun.

13.    #33  
    This is a nice one are you going to repost with the reduction to the minimize duration setting.
    I have to wait until later this morning because I'm tethered right now...Besides, I should probably get a couple of hours of sleep before I have to go to work.

I was just thinking the same thing I have to evaluate teachers in the morning, don't want to be too grouchy. I did find some settings to change in the patch and it almost instant reaction now. Great Find!!!
    great patch you are really doing amazing work
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Nice job!!!
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    WOWZA! I think my phone just drank a bunch of RedBull or something.. .
    Nice work yet again!

Quick question:
    For some reason the patches I install through QI lately have this result:
    I install it, it shows it installed but does not work. I uninstall, reinstall and it works..?
    I went through this with you on the 'Share Image Message Option' patch a few days ago where I ended up with it showing up twice in PW. (I now only un/install via PW or QI, not installing with one and uninstalling with the other)

My patches download using 'Notepad' for some reason. It did not use to do that but I can't remember what the ideal default was? They all still work, I just have to go through this twice each time for some reason.

Any obvious things pop out at ya as to why?
    Everybody wants some!..
    Installed and gave it a try. I have to say it works as advertised, but I think I like the old speed better because I like to see the action. It is almost like one cant see whats really happening, especially when showing off to my friends. Just a personal preference, I also like to my like to watch my pc browser load the page, guess I am just funny that way. Good job though.
    I always knew Josh was the F'ING MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Now my Pre can keep peeing on those iPhonies!
    LOL
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast