View Poll Results: How do you like the glow to pulse?

Voters
405. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regular speed.

151 37.28%
  • Faster.

202 49.88%
  • No glow at all.

52 12.84%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    This patch seems pretty good. I like the snappiness of how the cards come up and leave the screen but I'm not sure I like the fact that the icon pulses so fast. When the icon pulses so many times it kind of takes away from the speed at which the 800 MHz patch is opening the cards. It would be cool to have the icon pulse at the same speed as before but have the cards snap up and down like this patch makes them do. Great patch though!!
    I like it, but it does have a fast forward feel to it. I think if you either take off the glow, or put it at the speed it was before, the patch will have a better look to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    I like it, but it does have a fast forward feel to it. I think if you either take off the glow, or put it at the speed it was before, the patch will have a better look to it.
    I have to agree, it almost feels choppy, not the smooth transition even the patch I downloaded from this thread before removing and downloading from Preware. I think just slowing the pulsing down a bit would be great.
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    I have to agree, it almost feels choppy, not the smooth transition even the patch I downloaded from this thread before removing and downloading from Preware. I think just slowing the pulsing down a bit would be great.
    Currently, post #134 has all 3 version for installation via WOSQI.

I will be submitting updates for Preware later.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Will it also be available from Preware? I think I will go back to the old patch. Too much flickering flash for my eyes :-) this patch is amazing!!!
    Pilot 1000> Palm Pilot Personal> Palm III >Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm m505> Palm m515> Tungsten T> Tungsten T2> Tungsten T3> Treo 680> Palm Pre> Pre2> Pre3+Touchpad 32GB
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by zepnik View Post
    Will it also be available from Preware? I think I will go back to the old patch. Too much flickering flash for my eyes :-) this patch is amazing!!!
    I agree...Personally, I'm sticking with the Express version until I can get everything into Preware.

just installed hyper patch and damn! its smoking fast switching and opening apps. great and very much appreciated work!
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    OK...Here's all 3 versions all in one post...I hope this covers everyone...

All the animations speeds are identically, except for the glow speed which is de)

Is the TV Patch the same as the Express and Hyper Patches? I tried installing the TV version, but was told that the patch is already installed.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

9.    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Is the TV Patch the same as the Express and Hyper Patches? I tried installing the TV version, but was told that the patch is already installed.
    The tv version is for user who still have 1.4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    The tv version is for user who still have 1.4.0.

Oh okay. I understand this now.

Thanks!!!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

11.    #231  
    FWIW...I did get all 3 versions submitted for Preware...

The current version in Preware will become the Express version with the same name.

The other 2 version were submitted with the following names:
    "Faster Card Animations HYPER version" & "Faster Card Animations no glow"

update from when I installed last night...

MANY props to you! Been using my phone alot today and it's running super fast. It's like a new phone! Everything is smooth and very snappy. Even the virtual keyboard
  13.    #233  
    OK...All 3 versions are available through Preware.

Just a reminder...If you already have the patch installed through Preware and want to stay with the extremely fast pusling loading glow, then you will need to uninstall the current patch and install the version named hyper.

Also, the only difference between the 3 versions is the speed of the loading glow pulse...All the other tweaks are all the same.

Finally, I forgot about submitting the 1.4.0 versions...I'll do it before I go to bed tonight.

love my new phone, this patch rocks! And yes using it with the 800MHz patch with no problems.
    looks cool, but my phone is making more noise...+720 mzh. Will this make my phone hot more? Sounds like the processor is working more.
    made my phone shut down twice
    I'm running it with the 720mhz patch and its awesome ... seems crazy fast

after a day i showed my wife and she was like wth did i do she was impressed as well so i did her Pre with 600mhz patch already installed and she is very happy ..... thank you to all those that make webOs so much better than it already is
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    looks cool, but my phone is making more noise...+720 mzh. Will this make my phone hot more? Sounds like the processor is working more.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    made my phone shut down twice
    This patch will not make your phone get hot...Also, it really shouldn't cause any restarts, so there may be something else wrong with your phone, esp. if it's making noise.

Your phone shouldn't be making noise unless it's coming out of the speaker.

yah I don't know if it's hardware, or a bad combination of patches. It made my phone fast! But then it crashed twice in 10 minutes, so I took it off, and my phone is back to normal. I tried! & thanks for the work!
    Xanthinealkaloid is it in the feed yet?