View Poll Results: How do you like the glow to pulse?

Voters
405. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regular speed.

151 37.28%
  • Faster.

202 49.88%
  • No glow at all.

52 12.84%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    WOW this makes it so much faster... looks great. Im using the express patch but i think ill give the hyper patch a try..

keep up the good work!!
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Oh my.... god. I love this patch so much my wife is nervous.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    does this make the apps load faster? Or does it just flash the icons at a faster pace?

tia.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    does this make the apps load faster? Or does it just flash the icons at a faster pace?

tia.
    I believe only the GUI animations are faster. The apps are not affected at all. thorne
    It "feels" much faster with this patch installed (even if it's just animations), it feels like things open super fast compared to without the patch installed.
    Jimmie Geddes
  6.    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post

tia.
    YMMV, so it's really best to try it...It will only be a net loss of 15 minutes to your life.

There's no implied speed improvement meant in the name...It simply means the render timings for animations related to loading cards & the launcher have been reduced...The effect is a perceived increase in speed...Although, it does seem to help make scene transitions pop a little faster which is nice.

Nice work xanthinealkaloid!
    Gave it a try once it arrived in Preware and works great.
    I only run a total of 7 patches now, and my first impression is this is a keeper for sure.
    I had the 720 overclocking kernel before the last update (not running it currently), and I can say that it feels as fast or faster than that even at stock speed.
    Thanks again,
    JB
    Wow the App-Cards open fast!!! Palm should have offered this with one of their WebOS updates, but at least you have created a Patch for it! Great job!

I really can't believe how much faster my Pre is! I will donate next time I get paid.

How did you make the App-Cards so much faster, and why hasn't Palm made this standard with earlier updates?
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 04/19/2010 at 02:48 AM.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    The man who made this should get so much praise!! Not only do cards open faster but everything is snappier. I love it. it might have been xanthinealkaloid that made this and if so, thank you, thank you, thank you. You have made webos even better
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    The man who made this should get so much praise!! Not only do cards open faster but everything is snappier. I love it. it might have been xanthinealkaloid that made this and if so, thank you, thank you, thank you. You have made webos even better
    np...I'm not aware of anyone else setting up something like this, but I didn't do an extensive search either...Mostly, I'm quite pleased it's working so well for everyone.

Wow this patch is sick with the 800Mhz kernal. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy521 View Post
    Wow this patch is sick with the 800Mhz kernal. Thank you
    +1
    It definately speeds up the opening of the phone and browser. The phones splash card doesn't even show anymore it just goes directly to the phone.
    Why isn't this the way Palm made it instead of a homebrew patch? It doesn't make any sense that something obviously this easy to do isn't done to make the phone more marketable.
    Just as an update the reason i could not get this patch to work was that typically when i install patches from webos QI from the feeds i have the phone in airplane mode. when installing a patch this way you must have network service. hope this helps someone
    Thanks xanthinealkaloid! I installed this patch today in Preware. It runs like a charm and works great with the 5x5 v1 icons patch. Lovin it!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Wow, I just installed this patch via Preware & I love it. Thanks for the hard work!
    Tried it this morning. I personally don't like it and removed it.

I am running 800MHz and CPU Scaler Ultimate at 500-800. The launcher obviously came up faster since the animation was cut out, but card management seemed choppy to me. I prefer the smooth zoom in and out for the cards.

Launching an app actually seemed slower for me though. Prior to the patch (and after removing it) I could launch email or browser apps and the "glow" not even complete a full cycle before my app was full screen and ready to use. With the patch applied the card would flash the "glow" four or five times very fast before the app went full screen.
    I'm running this with the 800 kernel an another 60 patches, I don't even now how many apps I have installed in my pre, preware says 205 packages total and is working flawlessly if it does not speed up things for real at least makes you feel like it does which I believe is what really matters so maybe a lot of those people that is crying about this fantastic plataform and coming to this forums threatening with switching to HTC and so on STOP being babies because they don't have access to the mic or whatever they can't do but another phone can.

But you now what I haven't seen those same people saying something about what this phone can do but other's can't and I can bet anyone that once they switch to the "SUPER EVO" and find out that is not that super they are going to go and cry
    to the evo's forums saying that they had a PALM PRE and they loved it couse it was the goddess of MULTITASKING, 3D gaming and most important of all the most open OS ever.
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    With the patch applied the card would flash the "glow" four or five times very fast before the app went full screen.
    This would makes sense because the glow has been sped up by about 4 times with the patch that's in Preware.

I'm going to be submitting the other two versions later today.

thanks for a great patch!! Keep up the great work! My pre loads cards incredibly fast..ridiculously fast. Feels great! Iam currently using the 800 mhz patch and I think your patch is the missing half of that patch. No offense to the devs of the 800 mhz patch. Two thumbs up.