View Poll Results: How do you like the glow to pulse?

Voters
405. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regular speed.

151 37.28%
  • Faster.

202 49.88%
  • No glow at all.

52 12.84%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Is it there yet,in the feeds yet? Still waiting.
    I don't know who you are addressing, but I don't put my 1.4 versions in the feeds. thorne
    Actually I was referring to the (patch)faster card animation. Thanks for your concern though.
    just starting to learn more about the speeding up of my pre, and this is the first step i have taken to actually do so. nice work. apps open crazy fast now...

Thank you!
    ima try it
    So to install this i just put it in the webosqi like i did the on the other ipk files? i am just curious because all the other files were ipk and this one is not. Just wanna make sure.
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13evo View Post
    So to install this i just put it in the webosqi like i did the on the other ipk files? i am just curious because all the other files were ipk and this one is not. Just wanna make sure.
    np...You can drag and drop the file or add it using the "plus sign" button, as you would with an ipk.

The install scripts are downloaded at the time of installation, rather than being packaged with the file.

thnx so much got it to work really appreciate the community hear.
    I can't wait till this is in preware
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Ah this did the trick for me ... the 1.4.0 vers. Thank you... this baby is fast as lightning now. Great patch!
    On the first post you mention you are not sure if it works with Jason's pop over patch. do you mean when you bring up the launcher the quick launch bar drops off? Because i installed this on my wifes phone who doesnt have that and it works great but i have the patch and i cant get it to work at all. i am so sad because i would love to have both. If it isnt i have no idea why it wont load because i have tried both old and new version and replacing the file and it doesnt work.
    thanks
    is anybody using this with 4.x4 ver3? i just tried it on another phone with it and not the pop up patch and it didnt work. i also took the pop up patch off of my phone restored the file and did a repair utility tried again and still nothing. i dont know why my wifes pre worked so easily.
    Hi guys, I have been reading about this patch all day and have been hearing stories that this really makes apps open faster and smoother. I really want to install it but I have never used WebOS quickinstall to install something that is not already there. I just used it to install Preware and I got everything else from there.

Is anyone willing to give me some quick instructions on how to install this or point me in the direction of somewhere that will teach me?
    Newt: It's so easy you won't believe it

1) Connect your Pre
    2) Open WebOS QuickInstall
    3) Drag the .patch file from your desktop into the white space of WebOS QuickInstall
    4) Click Install

That's all there is to it
    Wow that sounds easy .

Should I install the normal version of Hyper or the TV version? What are the differences?
  15.    #195  
    @newt45

If you need any info on how to get WebOS QuickInstall going, see this link below.

How To: Install .patch files with WOSQI

16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by newt45 View Post
    Wow that sounds easy .

Should I install the normal version of Hyper or the TV version? What are the differences?
    The TV version are for 1.4.0 only...If your on 1.4.1 or 1.4.1.1, then you need to normal version.

Oh ok I have the Verizon Plus so I am stuck on 1.4

Thanks for all of the help and the link
    Well its official i can not get this patch to work. I have tried removing both 4x4 v3 and the hide quick launch in launcher and it still wont work... i always replace that file and run a repair utility, it always installs fine and shows up in my patch list but i never see the rapid blink like on my wifes phone. i am at a loss so i guess i need to live with out it. noone else is having this problem? like i said a post ago my sil pre wont do it either. ***...
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    On the first post you mention you are not sure if it works with Jason's pop over patch. do you mean when you bring up the launcher the quick launch bar drops off? Because i installed this on my wifes phone who doesnt have that and it works great but i have the patch and i cant get it to work at all. i am so sad because i would love to have both. If it isnt i have no idea why it wont load because i have tried both old and new version and replacing the file and it doesnt work.
    thanks

Please reread the statement...It simply doesn't reference compatibility...
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Actually, I was trying this because the way new cards now open seems to allow the launcher to pop over the cards when I use Jason's Launcher Auto-Popup patch.

I'm not sure it's been 100% effective to prevent the popover, but I decided I personally like the way it "feels".
    If there was a compatibility issue I was aware of, I would have stated it clearly.

I'm not sure why it's giving you so much grief...There really is very little chance for conflict with any existing patches.

Just to be sure, what version of WebOS are you running?

is anybody using this with 4.x4 ver3? i just tried it on another phone with it and not the pop up patch and it didnt work. i also took the pop up patch off of my phone restored the file and did a repair utility tried again and still nothing. i dont know why my wifes pre worked so easily.
    I'm use the 4x4 v3...I'm going to PM you my email addy, so you can send me your webos-patches.log.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I'm using the 1.4 version with the 4x4 v3 patch. My only problem is WebOSQI won't work, but the 2 patches work fine. Thorne