1. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I was wondering, now that there is a patch for temp in the device menu, could you add the battery usage in mAh shown in battery moniter and ##DEBUG# as well.

Would be useful to see what programs use alot of power, or how fast the pre is currently charging (my car charger results in a net power loss with gps nav...)

Thanks for anyone who takes this on
  2. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    bump, anyone else think this is a good idea?
  3. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Gonna try one more time....Doesn't anyone think this might be useful. And if not, could you comment on why?
    I think this would be cool..
    I think it'd be cool if you could tap on the "Battery: 70%" display and have it expand out like Wifi/Bluetooth with additional stats.

Like:

> Battery: 70%
    150mAh Current Drain
    12 hours Remaining
    -4%/hour Since Last Charge

Since the device menu subscribes to battery updates and is always running, you could modify the code to record the last time it stopped charging plus the battery percent when it was taken off the charger, and use that to calculate the drain since the last charge.

This would be even better than BatteryMonitor because you wouldn't have to remember to open it, and it wouldn't incur any extra polling overhead since it's already getting periodic updates anyways.

Bonus feature: allow tapping on the "since last charge" to cycle between "last charge", "last 5 minutes", "last 10 minutes", "last 30 minutes", etc. You may need to interpolate the data if there's not enough data points (because it was asleep, etc)
  6. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    even better, but I'd be happy if anyone was willing to just do the simple stuff first :P