webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] Show Dialpad on Call
[Patch] Show Dialpad on Call

Old 04/13/2010, 02:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Shows the dialpad when a call is connected rather than the contact pic, except when the dialing string has a pause or wait after which the dialpad will be shown.

It can still be toggled via the KeyPad button.

There going to be two version of this patch.
  1. Auto Show Dialpad on Call -- filename = dialpad-on-activecall-pause-wait.patch ...use to swith on all calls(incoming & outgoing)
  2. Auto Show Dialpad on Outgoing Calls Only -- filename = dialpad-on-outgoing-calls-only-pause-wait.patch ...use to swith on outgoing calls only

2010-04-26: Added support for pause/wait digits in dialing string.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.

Please don't forget your thanks button. --- Appreciate my efforts? -- Donate?

Various patches I've worked on:
Faster Cards|Emoticons|Shake Reload|Default Call Log|Call Log Styling|Msg Count|New Events|DM Media Vol|Megamix+MediaVol|3G icon|Gmaps fullscreen|Msg Greeting/Sig|Send Img Msg|No Ans Tstone|Dpad on Call|Vid Delete Btns|AutoSpeaker via ProxSensor

Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 04/26/2010 at 07:37 PM.
xanthinealkaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2010, 02:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

screenshots? To see how it looks? Thanks.
sole_elite_xx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2010, 02:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
screenshots? To see how it looks? Thanks.
Actually, it's the same as when you tap the KeyPad button when you're on a call, but with the patch it will go to the dpad automatically when the call is connected.

I hope that makes more sense.

Faster Cards|Emoticons|Shake Reload|Default Call Log|Call Log Styling|Msg Count|New Events|DM Media Vol|Megamix+MediaVol|3G icon|Gmaps fullscreen|Msg Greeting/Sig|Send Img Msg|No Ans Tstone|Dpad on Call|Vid Delete Btns|AutoSpeaker via ProxSensor
Old 04/13/2010, 06:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

great patch!
stu5797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2010, 06:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

sweet this is something thats needed
churro#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2010, 07:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks. I was actually thinking about looking around for a patch like this just recently. Tired of having to find the keypad to answer Google Voice and the like.
jac-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2010, 04:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm only getting the patch to work when I make a call. When I receive a call, it does not change. Is this the way it's suppose to work? I would prefer it worked when I get a call, I use google voice and need to hit a button to accept the call. Thanks.
becrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: xanthinealkaloid
Old 04/19/2010, 09:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
I'm only getting the patch to work when I make a call. When I receive a call, it does not change. Is this the way it's suppose to work? I would prefer it worked when I get a call, I use google voice and need to hit a button to accept the call. Thanks.
How odd...I must have missed something because I thought it was working for incoming calls too...Thanks for the report...I'll see what I can do about it today sometime.

Thanked By: becrazy2
Old 04/19/2010, 09:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

you read my mind with this patch, I'm going to check this out now.
kuruptlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/19/2010, 08:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

The OP now contains to patches for this purpose...One will switch to the dialpad on all calls, and the other will only switch for the outgoing calls.

Both have been submitted for Preware...The current patch found in Preware will become the all calls version and there will be a new for those of us who only want the behavior for outgoing calls.

Thanked By: becrazy2
Old 04/20/2010, 12:09 AM   #11 (permalink)

A really great idea.
Would it be possible to creat a patch that would show the dialpad only on for specific numbers? For instance, the dialpad would show for outgoing calls to your home/voicemail number & incoming calls from a white-list (GV...).
Just wondering?
Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/2010, 12:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
A really great idea.
Would it be possible to creat a patch that would show the dialpad only on for specific numbers? For instance, the dialpad would show for outgoing calls to your home/voicemail number & incoming calls from a white-list (GV...).
Just wondering?
I'm about 80% sure it would work...It could probably be setup the same way elryon's call block patches are setup.

Old 04/26/2010, 01:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

I've adjusted these patches to support the use of pause or wait digits in the outgoing dialing string...It doesn't change the current operation if no P's or W's are present.

Regardless of the number of P's or W's used, the dialpad will be shown after they have all been processed.

See OP for updated patch file.

Old 06/18/2010, 12:53 PM   #14 (permalink)

Xanthinealkaloid - I am having trouble installing several patches including this one. When I install via Preware or WebOSQuickInstall I receive the following in the IPKG log:

download
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
100 5316 100 5316 0 0 4847 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 8964
install
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
mkdir-prerm
Nothing Interesting.
install-prerm
Nothing Interesting.
postinst
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-auto-show-dialpad-for-outgoing-calls-only.postinst 2>&1
1 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/activecall-assistant.js.rej
remove
Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.phone-auto-show-dialpad-for-outgoing-calls-only from root...
(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.phone-auto-show-dialpad-for-outgoing-calls-only.prerm)
delete
Nothing Interesting.
failed
Nothing Interesting.

I have had to reset my Pre several times and I think the patch may be partially installed/uninstalled although Preware does not list it as an installed patch.
pebacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2010, 10:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

xan..great work as always. I installed this patch, but I missed seeing the pic of wife and son when they called. So I removed it. Now, when the call, I get the default pic of the little white guy. Did the patch screw something up? I saw it get removed as normal.
Thanks,
nabril1569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2010, 08:35 AM   #16 (permalink)

xan---any luck with helping me? I doctored my phone, did not load this patch, but I still get the little white guy during in/out calls.
nabril1569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/05/2011, 11:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

Any chance this show dialpad on all calls can be updated for 2.x?
Old 03/15/2012, 02:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
Any chance this show dialpad on all calls can be updated for 2.x?
I'd like to second that request. I'd be willing to put up a bounty of neccessary. I need it for both Pre2 and Pre3 devices.

Thanks,
-Jeremy
irwinr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2012, 02:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

I would also like to have this patch for the Pre 2 and Pre 3. I really miss it since moving over from my Pre Plus. I also would be willing to put up a bounty, if that would motivate someone with more developer savvy than me...Thanks...
treodoc755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2014, 03:07 AM   #20 (permalink)

any update to this being made available for 2.x?

Bueller?
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
patch

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0