Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advanced patches for 2x already have that behavior but only for incoming calls, or out going, cant remember right now. Probly need to modify advanced phone prefs since a new patch would likely conflict. Or don't use advanced phone prefs. Even better make it an option in tweaks
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Advanced patches for 2x already have that behavior but only for incoming calls, or out going, cant remember right now. Probly need to modify advanced phone prefs since a new patch would likely conflict. Or don't use advanced phone prefs. Even better make it an option in tweaks
    "advanced phone prefs" patch? i'll try it. thanx! incoming is what i need.
    "advanced phone prefs" patch? i'll try it. thanx! incoming is what i need.

tweaks? is that a patch too? how do i miss learning about these things...
    Tweaks is an app to enable/disable certain patches and configure them. This is better compared to hard patches because you can more easily switch things :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Tweaks is an app to enable/disable certain patches and configure them. This is better compared to hard patches because you can more easily switch things :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    i read a bunch but i'm confused...

i found threads here for Tweaks, Advanced Sys Prefs, and Advanced Sys Menus.

do i install all three of these? or choose one?

do i need to blow out existing patches first? Preware says i only have:
    ad blocker
    date and lower case am/pm indicator
    device profile svc override
    export notes
    multimod

i'm still unclear about the order of installation and removal for apps and patches, which i've read is critical, but in some threads appears no longer a concern?

is there anything else i need? sometimes i wish there was a "must-have" list i could refer to. i'm just learning about these patches and they've been around since 2.0 released. ugh. as much as i know about these phones, i still feel like i know nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    i read a bunch but i'm confused...

i found threads here for Tweaks, Advanced Sys Prefs, and Advanced Sys Menus.

do i install all three of these? or choose one?

do i need to blow out existing patches first? Preware says i only have:
    ad blocker
    date and lower case am/pm indicator
    device profile svc override
    export notes
    multimod

i'm still unclear about the order of installation and removal for apps and patches, which i've read is critical, but in some threads appears no longer a concern?

is there anything else i need? sometimes i wish there was a "must-have" list i could refer to. i'm just learning about these patches and they've been around since 2.0 released. ugh. as much as i know about these phones, i still feel like i know nothing.

Wow, you don't have a lot of patches compared to my sixty. Install the ones you want in any order as long as you have the framework patches installed..just read the descriptions and/or the wiki carefully to understand what it does. I don't see any potential conflicts from your list. I have all advanced patches except advanced system menus, just because I don't mind the old way. I love them all with my favorite being email and messaging prefs. Just love opening emails and messaging conversations in a new card.

I also love the auto speaker via proximity sensor, but I wish it started on back speaker instead of front speaker. And it works with bluetooth too.
    Wow, you don't have a lot of patches compared to my sixty. Install the ones you want in any order as long as you have the framework patches installed..just read the descriptions and/or the wiki carefully to understand what it does. I don't see any potential conflicts from your list. I have all advanced patches except advanced system menus, just because I don't mind the old way. I love them all with my favorite being email and messaging prefs. Just love opening emails and messaging conversations in a new card.

I also love the auto speaker via proximity sensor, but I wish it started on back speaker instead of front speaker. And it works with bluetooth too.
    great, thanx. i'll try one and add another if needed i guess.

yeah i wish i had more customizations but i'm afraid of conflicts and upsetting the cranky baby.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12