Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    Prevents the phone from automatically answering an incoming call when removed from the Touchstone.


    It will not affect any other operations in the Phone app while on the Touchstone...Also, it's submitted for Preware.


    2010-05-13: Added workaround for use with pin/password lock.


    Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. #2  
    Appreciate the patch. I did have a problem with with it interfering with my "close slider to end calls except headset" patch, so I had to uninstall this patch, but thanks none-the-less.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    Appreciate the patch. I did have a problem with with it interfering with my "close slider to end calls except headset" patch, so I had to uninstall this patch, but thanks none-the-less.
    Hmmm...Interesting...I really have no idea because the two patches shouldn't have any conflict given what they affect, i.e. they're functions are particularly different...Beyond that, your post is a bit vague as far as how it was interfering.

    Unfortunately though, I have no way of testing it because I don't use a BT headset.

    .
  4. #4  
    The problem I was having was I would slide the phone open to make a call on BT, and then after connecting the call I would slide the phone closed and it would turn off the BT and I would have to reconnect it. Also, when I went to lock the screen (top right button) it would also disconnect the BT, or it would "freak out" and switch back and forth a couple of times for a moment before settling on one or the other. lol.

    After I uninstalled this patch things went back to normal. It could be a coincidence. If I have time I'll try and reinstall it and duplicate my problems.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    The problem I was having was I would slide the phone open to make a call on BT, and then after connecting the call I would slide the phone closed and it would turn off the BT and I would have to reconnect it. Also, when I went to lock the screen (top right button) it would also disconnect the BT, or it would "freak out" and switch back and forth a couple of times for a moment before settling on one or the other. lol.

    After I uninstalled this patch things went back to normal. It could be a coincidence. If I have time I'll try and reinstall it and duplicate my problems.
    Wow...Interesting problem...I really wish I had BT, so I could help you figure it out.

    I did look at the code again, but this patch only affects one function that only gets triggered by one other function which is based solely on a subscription to whether or not the phone is on the Touchstone which is used to determine whether or not to answer an incoming call.

    .
  6. #6  
    I have this patch installed on my pixi. When the phone is charging on the stone and a call comes in, I pick the phone off the charger and I just get the 'blue cloudy' screen (the one that shows up real quick before you enter your password) and it sits there....so I cant answer the call if I want. The screen goes normal when the phone stops ringing.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    I have this patch installed on my pixi. When the phone is charging on the stone and a call comes in, I pick the phone off the charger and I just get the 'blue cloudy' screen (the one that shows up real quick before you enter your password) and it sits there....so I cant answer the call if I want. The screen goes normal when the phone stops ringing.
    Interesting problem…I had overlooked the pin/password lock because I don't use it.

    Anyhow, it took some digging, but I believe I have come up with a solution…In a nutshell, the patch now shows the pin scene, i.e. the dialpad to unlock, when removed from the touchstone on an incoming when the pin/password lock is in use.

    You also have the option to simply answer the call in a locked state by swipe up or rejecting the call with the usual double press of the power button.

    It's about the best which can be done considering how the pin/password lock works…The updated patch file can be found in the OP, and the update has also been submitted to Preware.

    .
  8. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    I have this patch installed on my pixi. When the phone is charging on the stone and a call comes in, I pick the phone off the charger and I just get the 'blue cloudy' screen (the one that shows up real quick before you enter your password) and it sits there....so I cant answer the call if I want. The screen goes normal when the phone stops ringing.
    Same problem here, and sounds like an updated patch will solve the problem. However, you CAN still answer the call by dragging up where the lock icon would be if you could see it. Not sure if this will still be the case with the updated patch or not.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    ...
    You also have the option to simply answer the call in a locked state by swipe up or rejecting the call with the usual double press of the power button.
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Same problem here, and sounds like an updated patch will solve the problem. However, you CAN still answer the call by dragging up where the lock icon would be if you could see it. Not sure if this will still be the case with the updated patch or not.
    Yup...I didn't see an reason to change that.

    .
  10. pebacher's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #10  
    Thank you so much for this patch. Works great.
  11. #11  
    Uggh, I just had my Pre "auto-answer" a call on the touchstone because it decided to restart charging right when a call was coming in... thank you for the patch!
  12. #12  
    Does the patch work for Webos 2.0.1?
    If it doesn't, could it be converted easily?
    Thank you very much .....
  13. #13  
    I updated the patch for 2.1 (It may work on 2.0.1 as well, but I don't know).

    I submitted to Preware.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #14  
    I don't seem to be able to answer the call after picking the phone up. On 1.4.5, you could still swipe up to answer, even though the display would show only the pin screen background. Is everyone else seeing the same thing?
  15. #15  
    Works perfectly
  16. #16  
    I am unable to install this patch. I get the following errors:

    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-no-auto-answer-upon-touchstone-removal.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-no-auto-answer-upon-touchstone-removal.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
  17. #17  
    Updated for 2.2.x using Enyo for the phone app

    Sent to Preware as well
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions