webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] No Answer Off Touchstone
[Patch] No Answer Off Touchstone

Old 04/13/2010, 01:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Prevents the phone from automatically answering an incoming call when removed from the Touchstone.

It will not affect any other operations in the Phone app while on the Touchstone...Also, it's submitted for Preware.

2010-05-13: Added workaround for use with pin/password lock.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.

Please don't forget your thanks button. --- Appreciate my efforts? -- Donate?

Various patches I've worked on:
Faster Cards|Emoticons|Shake Reload|Default Call Log|Call Log Styling|Msg Count|New Events|DM Media Vol|Megamix+MediaVol|3G icon|Gmaps fullscreen|Msg Greeting/Sig|Send Img Msg|No Ans Tstone|Dpad on Call|Vid Delete Btns|AutoSpeaker via ProxSensor

Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 05/13/2010 at 03:03 PM.
xanthinealkaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/27/2010, 11:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Appreciate the patch. I did have a problem with with it interfering with my "close slider to end calls except headset" patch, so I had to uninstall this patch, but thanks none-the-less.
f1nzup#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/27/2010, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
Appreciate the patch. I did have a problem with with it interfering with my "close slider to end calls except headset" patch, so I had to uninstall this patch, but thanks none-the-less.
Hmmm...Interesting...I really have no idea because the two patches shouldn't have any conflict given what they affect, i.e. they're functions are particularly different...Beyond that, your post is a bit vague as far as how it was interfering.

Unfortunately though, I have no way of testing it because I don't use a BT headset.

Faster Cards|Emoticons|Shake Reload|Default Call Log|Call Log Styling|Msg Count|New Events|DM Media Vol|Megamix+MediaVol|3G icon|Gmaps fullscreen|Msg Greeting/Sig|Send Img Msg|No Ans Tstone|Dpad on Call|Vid Delete Btns|AutoSpeaker via ProxSensor
Old 04/27/2010, 01:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

The problem I was having was I would slide the phone open to make a call on BT, and then after connecting the call I would slide the phone closed and it would turn off the BT and I would have to reconnect it. Also, when I went to lock the screen (top right button) it would also disconnect the BT, or it would "freak out" and switch back and forth a couple of times for a moment before settling on one or the other. lol.

After I uninstalled this patch things went back to normal. It could be a coincidence. If I have time I'll try and reinstall it and duplicate my problems.
f1nzup#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/27/2010, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
The problem I was having was I would slide the phone open to make a call on BT, and then after connecting the call I would slide the phone closed and it would turn off the BT and I would have to reconnect it. Also, when I went to lock the screen (top right button) it would also disconnect the BT, or it would "freak out" and switch back and forth a couple of times for a moment before settling on one or the other. lol.

After I uninstalled this patch things went back to normal. It could be a coincidence. If I have time I'll try and reinstall it and duplicate my problems.
Wow...Interesting problem...I really wish I had BT, so I could help you figure it out.

I did look at the code again, but this patch only affects one function that only gets triggered by one other function which is based solely on a subscription to whether or not the phone is on the Touchstone which is used to determine whether or not to answer an incoming call.

Old 05/12/2010, 08:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have this patch installed on my pixi. When the phone is charging on the stone and a call comes in, I pick the phone off the charger and I just get the 'blue cloudy' screen (the one that shows up real quick before you enter your password) and it sits there....so I cant answer the call if I want. The screen goes normal when the phone stops ringing.
blazinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/2010, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
I have this patch installed on my pixi. When the phone is charging on the stone and a call comes in, I pick the phone off the charger and I just get the 'blue cloudy' screen (the one that shows up real quick before you enter your password) and it sits there....so I cant answer the call if I want. The screen goes normal when the phone stops ringing.
Interesting problem…I had overlooked the pin/password lock because I don't use it.

Anyhow, it took some digging, but I believe I have come up with a solution…In a nutshell, the patch now shows the pin scene, i.e. the dialpad to unlock, when removed from the touchstone on an incoming when the pin/password lock is in use.

You also have the option to simply answer the call in a locked state by swipe up or rejecting the call with the usual double press of the power button.

It's about the best which can be done considering how the pin/password lock works…The updated patch file can be found in the OP, and the update has also been submitted to Preware.

Old 05/20/2010, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
Same problem here, and sounds like an updated patch will solve the problem. However, you CAN still answer the call by dragging up where the lock icon would be if you could see it. Not sure if this will still be the case with the updated patch or not.
ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/20/2010, 01:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
You also have the option to simply answer the call in a locked state by swipe up or rejecting the call with the usual double press of the power button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHT View Post
Same problem here, and sounds like an updated patch will solve the problem. However, you CAN still answer the call by dragging up where the lock icon would be if you could see it. Not sure if this will still be the case with the updated patch or not.
Yup...I didn't see an reason to change that.

Thanked By: pebacher
Old 05/21/2010, 06:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thank you so much for this patch. Works great.
pebacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/2010, 05:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

Uggh, I just had my Pre "auto-answer" a call on the touchstone because it decided to restart charging right when a call was coming in... thank you for the patch!
DrHeathenScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2011, 03:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

Does the patch work for Webos 2.0.1?
If it doesn't, could it be converted easily?
Thank you very much .....
pdneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/2011, 03:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

I updated the patch for 2.1 (It may work on 2.0.1 as well, but I don't know).

I submitted to Preware.
CraiaSoftware is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: GHT
Old 03/12/2011, 07:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
ght

I don't seem to be able to answer the call after picking the phone up. On 1.4.5, you could still swipe up to answer, even though the display would show only the pin screen background. Is everyone else seeing the same thing?
ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/18/2011, 08:49 PM   #15 (permalink)

Works perfectly
echan228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/2011, 04:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

I am unable to install this patch. I get the following errors:

postinst
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-no-auto-answer-upon-touchstone-removal.postinst 2>&1
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.js.rej

postinst
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.phone-no-auto-answer-upon-touchstone-removal.postinst 2>&1
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/incomingcall-assistant.js.rej
kpoverdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2012, 03:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Updated for 2.2.x using Enyo for the phone app

Sent to Preware as well
Herrie is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
patch

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0