Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    So I have been wondering about this and searching for a patch with no success. I did find one short thread where someone suggested this but with no real solution or conclusion.

I would like to get rid of the launcher icon on the bottom bar. It is so pointless and I never use it. I always just swipe up from the gesture area. I would love to have that extra spot for an icon I will actually use.

Anybody else agree or know of any ideas how to unlock this?

-Reese
    In agree I would love a patch to remove the button.. it just gets in the way
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    +1
    same..from what I remember it was a complicated thing to do, not sure though...
    yeah +1
    []
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    +1
    If there is a way to remove it then there's probably a way to replace it with something else...just saying. We have some pretty sharpe people in here so I doubt it can be done or if it can it must entail rewriting tons of code or I have to believe it would have already been done.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    If there is a way to remove it then there's probably a way to replace it with something else...just saying.
    Wait, are you saying there is a way to remove it?

Or are you just stating the obvious by saying, removing it = replacing it?

Not to come off as a jerk, just don't understand what your saying.
    Absolutely NOT possible!

This comes up at least once a month, Apparently nobody searches anymore...lol

Again let me say NO WAY to do this, we do not have deep enough access.........yet?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

You could always not use the launcher bar... there is a patch to make it go away. I use the patch myself and have all icons within the launcher windows.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    It's a shame that this simple bit isn't customizable, either in webOS or via a patch. It seems silly to have the capability in the gesture area and then force people to retain the vestigial icon...
    Quote Originally Posted by reese917 View Post
    Wait, are you saying there is a way to remove it?

Or are you just stating the obvious by saying, removing it = replacing it?

Not to come off as a jerk, just don't understand what your saying.
    Just stating the obvious...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I posted this a couple weeks ago. maybe we will have the option to get rid of it in webOS 2.0.