1.    #1  
    Would it be possible to make a patch that puts the system volume in the top bar? I can't understand why Palm will let us change the ringtone volume with a rocker, but make us go into an app to change the system volume. I saw there is a patch for the media volume in the device menu, so I was wondering if the system one were possible as well. Thank you for considering, patchers.
    No prob...Try this...It's a quick mod of my media volume patch.

Attached Files Attached Files
    hello thanks for this but i tried installing this but it gave me an error occured while attempting to run /tmp/scriptfile.sh 6 out of 6 hunks failed
    Do you already have the media volume control patch installed?

yes i do, and it works great, i installed it and then i was going to install the system volume and just kept getting the errors, thanks
    Here's a version which puts both the media & system volume in the device menu.

Attached Files Attached Files
  7.    #7  
    Thank you for posting that. Can this patch be used with other device menu patches? I tried installing it via quickinstall and I have a couple other device menu patches.

I got an error about hunks failing and nothing happened during install.

So, I'm guessing it may not work with other device menu patches. I have "brightness in menu" and a "mega mix" patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by natefish View Post
    Thank you for posting that. Can this patch be used with other device menu patches? I tried installing it via quickinstall and I have a couple other device menu patches.

I got an error about hunks failing and nothing happened during install.

So, I'm guessing it may not work with other device menu patches. I have "brightness in menu" and a "mega mix" patch.
    Ok...This patch should work with some of the other individual DM patches...However, it's unlikely to be comaptible with any of the mix style patches.

Which mix are you using?

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Ok...This patch should work with some of the other individual DM patches...However, it's unlikely to be comaptible with any of the mix style patches.

Which mix are you using?

I'm using Device Menu Megamix by Jason Robataille. That's the only one. I'll try uninstalling and installing yours.
  10.    #10  
    Ok, just tried to install via QI and this is what I got. See attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Crazy...My apologies...It appears I inadvertently moved a line prior to posting the patch...Very odd.

Anyhow, I reposted a clean version above.

12.    #12  
    Dude it worked! Thank you for modifying your media patch for me. Thank you, thank you.

Now to just see if other device menu patches play nice...
  13.    #13  
    Okay, nothing Jason R. makes is compatible with this patch. Do you two not like each other?--j/k. Still, great to have this patch anyway.

I guess the best for this situation is one that ties system and ringer volumes together. Do you know of one like that? Maybe I'll request it as well. I hate to start sounding like a moocher, but I won't have time to learn to patch until this summer. I have a demanding job (teaching), a 7-month old baby, and my wife and I are trying to relocate to a school district that is closer to family.

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by natefish View Post
    Okay, nothing Jason R. makes is compatible with this patch. Do you two not like each other?--j/k. Still, great to have this patch anyway.

I guess the best for this situation is one that ties system and ringer volumes together. Do you know of one like that? Maybe I'll request it as well. I hate to start sounding like a moocher, but I won't have time to learn to patch until this summer. I have a demanding job (teaching), a 7-month old baby, and my wife and I are trying to relocate to a school district that is closer to family.

Thanks again.
    Even though your kidding, it’s worth stating that I have the utmost respect for Jason…My efforts are elementary compared to what he's contributed to this platform…Besides, I use the tools he's provided.

As far as, the patch conflicts there should be at least a couple of the individual style DM mods which will work with this one, but it's hard to get complete compatibility since all the DM mods hit the same file in the same area of code.

Adding the ringer control would be easy, but binding them together could be quite difficult…You would have to get the volume rocker to control the system volume, otherwise the dual ringer/system volume control would be useless(the volumes would inevitable end up out of sync)…To my knowledge, such a change isn't possible with out modifying the LunaSysMgr which is not a patch by this method.

Who knows though, I could be missing something at the moment.

15.    #15  
    I just noticed that Jason released a version of his megamix that includes the media volume. Maybe I can appeal to him to make a version that includes system volume as well.