Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    So this is what's holding up the 1.4.5 rollout..?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I think you already are ...
    Yea, I think I am, nothing else is working yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Man, I WISH I had that much pull!

Keep giving this some love! I think its a great idea!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I would like to see this patch also, for all the same reasons stated by jdod.

Example: I frequently have to call everyone who works in my department to solicit extra staffing due to workload, call-ins, etc. Would be real handy to view only "work" contacts so I could just go down the list when making calls, instead of using universal search each time. (I created a Yahoo account just to put all work contacts in for that reason, so if I could separate the contact source - just like the calendar app does - my problem would be solved).

Hope this idea gets kept alive!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I would like to see this patch also, for all the same reasons stated by jdod.

Example: I frequently have to call everyone who works in my department to solicit extra staffing due to workload, call-ins, etc. Would be real handy to view only "work" contacts so I could just go down the list when making calls, instead of using universal search each time. (I created a Yahoo account just to put all work contacts in for that reason, so if I could separate the contact source - just like the calendar app does - my problem would be solved).

Hope this idea gets kept alive!
    Precisely! This is exactly what I want to do as well. I have a personal google account, and a couple business and volunteer related google accounts. Patch functionality as requested here would make working with multiple google (or yahoo) accounts very sweet.

Thanks jjeffcoat!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    I would like to separate my co-workers, customers, family and friends.
    I agree. Palm needs to add "categories" back in to the contact app... I hope they know that...

So far they see universal search making that unnecessary. After a few months using universal search, I'm starting to see their point. Especially since I use categories in Outlook to keep things straight.

But I still want categories, and I still want to be able to filter by source like we can in the calendar.

+1,000
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Want your 1.4.5 update? Well, just make this patch!

Anyone?
    I still can't believe Palm -- with their amazing PIM in PalmOS -- developed such lackluster apps for webOS. I sorely miss the ability to put my contacts into categories (like Work, School, Family, etc.). It'd be nice to be able to use that feature to sort facebook friends into their own category.
    I feel sorry for you too. So many bumps from you... I'm really surprise no one showed any interest. Keep trying, I guess.
    Palm Zire 72 > TX > Treo 700w > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre Plus > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Now that 1.4.5 is out, how 'bout it developers?

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Still no interest?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Anyone home?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Can anyone else make the claim that you have a thread 3 pages long almost entirely of your posts?

I think not! (well, really I did not look)

Show some love here developers, its a cool idea!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    A patch like this would be sweet.
    I join the club of those who would love this patch
    Hopefully this is in webOS 2.0?

I set up my Hotmail account using MAPI and my Pre showed all those contacts. Sadly I had to go back to using POP for Hotmail because I didn't want all those contact mixed in.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123