Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Patch requested by Maestro1 here

Change messaging app history view to show conversation balloon to be green if last message is from phone owner (outgoing) and to blue for others (incoming) to match chat view. Version 2 of scrim patch also changes unread messages ballon to red.

Code:
    1. Install with WebOS Quick Install or Internalz
    2. If you use the scrim version you need add chat-balloon-history-left.png
       to /media/internal/scrims/
    3. If you use the scrim version 2 you also need to add chat-balloon-left-new.png
    PD: chat-balloon-history-left.png is a horizontally flipped version of chat-balloon-right.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by blake0; 04/12/2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Updates for 1.4.5 v3
    Where do you find the chat-balloon-history-left.png?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuprHero View Post
    Where do you find the chat-balloon-history-left.png?
    It is attached to first post
    Mine are showing up white. Where do I put the .png file?
  5.    #5  
    Sorry for the delay, you should put the png on /media/internal/scrims/ as stated in the first post
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I'm impressed with this patch; neat idea!
    The red seems a bit harsh however, compared to the paler shades of blue and green. Maybe a lighter, pink-ish red might work better?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I'm impressed with this patch; neat idea!
    The red seems a bit harsh however, compared to the paler shades of blue and green. Maybe a lighter, pink-ish red might work better?
    Your right I just made a quick modification of the original picture, I will post a lighter version later, but if anyone wants to post any other color he/she is welcome to do so.
  8.    #8  
    Added another picture to first post just rename it to chat-balloon-left-new.png. I did this patch as requested here so I didnīt thought which color will look better, any suggestion is welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by blake0 View Post

Change messaging app history view to show conversation balloon to be green if last message is from phone owner (outgoing) and to blue for others (incoming) to match chat view. Version 2 of scrim patch also changes unread messages ballon to red.

Code:
    3. If you use the scrim version 2 you also need to add chat-balloon-left-new.png
    PD: chat-balloon-history-left.png is a horizontally flipped version of chat-balloon-right.png
    Blake0,

Works Great, Just what I was looking for, Quick question is this AUPT compliant or should I remove it before 1.4.5 hits or should I say if 1.4.5 ever hits
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    Blake0,

Works Great, Just what I was looking for, Quick question is this AUPT compliant or should I remove it before 1.4.5 hits or should I say if 1.4.5 ever hits
    Well I donīt know if the patch has to have anything special to be AUPT compliant or if AUPT is just added by Preware/WebOS Quick Install when it installed, so I will suggest you remove it before updating just to be sure.
    Well I donīt know if the patch has to have anything special to be AUPT compliant or if AUPT is just added by Preware/WebOS Quick Install when it installed, so I will suggest you remove it before updating just to be sure.
    Sounds good, thanks for the patch!

Code:
    will this work with 1.4.5?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    will this work with 1.4.5?
    Patches updated to first post to apply cleanly to 1.4.5
    i cant get this to work at all. My balloons are white. yes i put the png in the scrims folder and it wont work.
    Yeah i cant get this is work what so ever.
    Check the name you have on your .png files. I remember in another thread when a .png wasn't working that the person had named the file .png.png not realizing the first .png was there.
    AHHHHH! Ill try it and let you know
    This is a step by step on what im doing.

1. Installed "messaging-history-chat-balloon-color-scrim-v2.patch" with WebOS Quick Install
    2. Go into USB mode, i put " chat-balloon-history-left.png" and "chat-balloon-left-new.png" them in my ".scrims" folder. Exactly how they are written above.

And nothing works. Its white balloon chat where it should be green. And the red doesnt work either.
    Well, I know that by default, the chat balloons are named as follows:
    chat-balloon-left.png
    chat-balloon-left-error.png
    chat-balloon-left-selected.png
    chat-balloon-right.png
    chat-balloon-right-error.png

I haven't seen the patch, but it should only change the location of the images, not the actual filename...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    So what should i actually do? lol
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast