Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes
    I'm interested in this for my pre3 as well .
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib
    The previous one used the default location images.
    You have to use the new location for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by LevSer View Post
    Still doesn't work. :/
    I submitted the patch to preware, I haven't posted the patch here, it hasn't being approved yet, so you used the old or wrong version.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm interested in this for my pre3 as well .
    If the 2.2.4 version for pre3 is the same that the pre2 it should work. If not I would have a look at it later (I don't have access to a pre3).
    Nope, still doesn't work for me.
  4.    #64  
    Version for 2.2.4 is on preware now.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Download it from Preware to my Pre3. And it works, except for the unread messages. the unread ones show no image... Everything else is either green or blue. Thanks
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by eny2002 View Post
    Download it from Preware to my Pre3. And it works, except for the unread messages. the unread ones show no image... Everything else is either green or blue. Thanks
    Did you put chat-balloon-left-new.png on the /media/internal/.scrims folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by blake0 View Post
    Does not work for me at the moment on Pre3. What is the required size for the PNGs on the Pre3?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blake0 View Post
    Yes. But it still shows no image on conversations with new messages...
    I found that actually half of the patch works (on Pre3). Or probably all of it, and I just did not grasp what it was supposed to do?

So:
    Chat balloon colors in the preview have now blue/green colors (were all blue before)
    Selected messages quickly flash the new "selected" style (at least if they were incoming, not outgoing)
    Unread messages display new style (Chat-balloon-right-new)

However:
    The style of all resident/history messages is not changed, there the old balloon styles are still employed

Is this how it is supposed to work?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Great patch. I didn't know I needed it until I tried it.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorkel View Post
    I found that actually half of the patch works (on Pre3). Or probably all of it, and I just did not grasp what it was supposed to do?

So:
    Chat balloon colors in the preview have now blue/green colors (were all blue before)
    Selected messages quickly flash the new "selected" style (at least if they were incoming, not outgoing)
    Unread messages display new style (Chat-balloon-right-new)

However:
    The style of all resident/history messages is not changed, there the old balloon styles are still employed

Is this how it is supposed to work?
    Sorry for the late reply, what do you mean by resident/history messages? Do you refers to messages received before the patch? If so at least on the Pre and Pre2 all of the history messages change with the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Great patch. I didn't know I needed it until I tried it.
    You're welcome.
    I still can't get the patch to function at all on webOS 1.4.5
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    I still can't get the patch to function at all on webOS 1.4.5
    Are you using the patch in the first post for 1.4.5? If the answer is yes and it applies without errors you need to use /media/internal/.scrims folder for the images.
    The answer to both is yes, and I used that folder and none of the images show up at all on the Conversations overview page, but work fine within the message thread itself.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    The answer to both is yes, and I used that folder and none of the images show up at all on the Conversations overview page, but work fine within the message thread itself.
    Uploaded new version, let me know if this one works
    Well, it doesn't show blank anymore so that is a bonus. It also doesn't do what its supposed to. Incoming and outgoing are still the outgoing message background for the Conversation overview.
    Good Patch,Thanks!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234