Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    @Spade. I have the same problem with same patch in a Pre from carrier Movistar (Spain) with locale es_es.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    I am having a problem. I installed "Messaging history chat balloon color with scrim v2" from Preware. I have the latest patch and my balloons are weird. I have attached a screenshot for reference. Anyone else seeing something similar? Why is that happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    @Spade. I have the same problem with same patch in a Pre from carrier Movistar (Spain) with locale es_es.
    What version of webOS? I looked at the resources directory on the messaging app and didn't see a custom historyList-row.html in there. You can verify if you have and let me now.

I submitted the new versions for 2.1.0 today.
    will the 2.1 version be good for 2.0.1? -- could you post here?

thanks in advance
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by blake0 View Post
    What version of webOS? I looked at the resources directory on the messaging app and didn't see a custom historyList-row.html in there. You can verify if you have and let me now.

First in a European (Spanish carrier Movistar ROW) GSM with 1.4.5 installed february 16 patches from this thread:
    messaging-history-chat-balloon-color.patch : good
    messaging-history-chat-balloon-color-scrim.patch : weird (See Spade post)
    messaging-history-chat-balloon-color-scrim-v2.patch : weird

Later in same device Meta-Doctor to 2.1.0, installed today patches with Preware:
    messaging-history-chat-balloon-color.patch v2.1.0-2 : good
    messaging-history-chat-balloon-color-scrim.patch v2.1.0-16 : weird
    messaging-history-chat-balloon-color-scrim-v2.patch v2.1.0-16 : weird

I looked at the resources directory too on the messaging app and didn't see a custom historyList-row.html in there.
    May be is nested in other directory. In com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/chatview/ has a chatList-row.html but I don't find a historyList-row.html.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    First in a European (Spanish carrier Movistar ROW) GSM with 1.4.5 installed february 16 patches from this thread:
    messaging-history-chat-balloon-color.patch : good
    messaging-history-chat-balloon-color-scrim.patch : weird (See Spade post)
    messaging-history-chat-balloon-color-scrim-v2.patch : weird

Later in same device Meta-Doctor to 2.1.0, installed today patches with Preware:
    messaging-history-chat-balloon-color.patch v2.1.0-2 : good
    messaging-history-chat-balloon-color-scrim.patch v2.1.0-16 : weird
    messaging-history-chat-balloon-color-scrim-v2.patch v2.1.0-16 : weird

I looked at the resources directory too on the messaging app and didn't see a custom historyList-row.html in there.
    May be is nested in other directory. In com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/chatview/ has a chatList-row.html but I don't find a historyList-row.html.
    Are you using the images from this thread or your own? Make sure the size is correct 300x32. If the first version without the scrim is working and the scrim version is not, then the problem is more likely to be on the images, since the two patches are essentially the same.
    Are you using the images from this thread or your own? Make sure the size is correct 300x32. If the first version without the scrim is working and the scrim version is not, then the problem is more likely to be on the images, since the two patches are essentially the same.
    I need to test it but I find that my two chat-ballons.png's have the incorrect size of 100x11. May be I downloaded it from this thread incorrectly. I download now from first post with correct size. May be Spade has the same problem. Thanks!

Tested scrim-v2.patch v2.1.0-16 and working fine. Thanks for patch and help.
    Last edited by CptOx; 03/09/2011 at 09:34 AM.

I am running 1.4.5 still. I have no idea what your second question is asking.
    This is the problem. I was downloading the thumbnail in the OP. I checked and the .png image I was using is 100x11. I guess you need to use the email attachment option and then download the image from the inbox.

This is a problem for me. I no longer have access to the email that I used to sign up. Do you have another way of accessing the images?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    This is the problem. I was downloading the thumbnail in the OP. I checked and the .png image I was using is 100x11. I guess you need to use the email attachment option and then download the image from the inbox.

This is a problem for me. I no longer have access to the email that I used to sign up. Do you have another way of accessing the images?
    In the end of first post of thread I double click in the images in the "Attached Thumbnails" box until appears the black window with the image inside and the buttons Previous First or Next. Then with the right mouse button click in "Save image as..." and save in my computer. It worked for me.
    I love this patch, but I've noticed a minor UI bug that it introduces.
    WebOS does not have an image for chat-balloon-right-selected.png, and so it uses the chat-balloon-left-selected.png image to fill in.

I would simply like to ask you to update your patch to add the following image (chat-balloon-right-selected.png) to the stock image location (usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/chatview) and the associated code to enable the messaging app to correctly use the Right Selected image when it is pressed.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    How can I make this work on the Pre 3 with 2.2.4? Thanks..
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eny2002 View Post
    Same problem here. I would like to have this feature on my Pre 3 (AT&T) at 2.2.4 but currently I get this error:

Patch installation failed.

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

I've tried installing the patch using both WOSQI and Internalz Pro.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    I love this patch, but I've noticed a minor UI bug that it introduces.
    WebOS does not have an image for chat-balloon-right-selected.png, and so it uses the chat-balloon-left-selected.png image to fill in.

I would simply like to ask you to update your patch to add the following image (chat-balloon-right-selected.png) to the stock image location (usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/chatview) and the associated code to enable the messaging app to correctly use the Right Selected image when it is pressed.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by eny2002 View Post
    Updated the patch for 2.2.4 with Saijin_Naib suggestion, works on my franken pre2, don't have a pre 3 to test, let me know if it works.
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
    Blake0, is the updated version also available to the 1.4.5 users? That is actually where I noticed the behavior :P
  15.    #55  
    Blake0, is the updated version also available to the 1.4.5 users? That is actually where I noticed the behavior :P
    Going to sleep now, will update tomorrow for 1.4.5.
  16.    #56  
    Uploaded v3 for 1.4.5, test it and let me know if it works, if it does I will summit to preware.
    Uploaded v3 for 1.4.5, test it and let me know if it works, if it does I will summit to preware.
    It doesn't work really. On the message list, everything just shows up with no image.

Holding on a chat will use the message-selected-left image without fail.

Within the message thread, the images show up just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18.    #58  
    It doesn't work really. On the message list, everything just shows up with no image.

Holding on a chat will use the message-selected-left image without fail.

Within the message thread, the images show up just fine.
    I don't remember if the 1.4.5 was changed or not, but the current patch use /media/internal/.scrims for the folder with the images (note the dot).
    The previous one used the default location images.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Updated the patch for 2.2.4 with Saijin_Naib suggestion, works on my franken pre2, don't have a pre 3 to test, let me know if it works.
    Still doesn't work. :/
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast