Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dstachnik View Post
    So what should i actually do? lol
    Can you give me a link to where you downloaded the patch from? I can open it in Notepad++ and see what the files need to be called.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    hmm, I was expecting a patch that just changed the chat balloon colors. Turns out that patch only changes the colors of new unread messages and "history view" balloons. What is the "history view"? lol

Anyway, you have the filenames correct. Did you do a Luna reboot after you put new images into the /scrims/ folder?
    is it the ".scrims" folder? or do i have to make another folder called "scrims"

But the history view is were your looking at all the conversation on your phone. And it changes the color of the balloons there
    The folder is named /scrims/ not /.scrims/

Yes, you should make a new folder.

Thanks garrett. Helped alot!

You're a BRO!!
    Glad you got it working.
    i guess this doesnt work with the pre plus huh, i been trying all morning
  8.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by dogafin View Post
    i guess this doesnt work with the pre plus huh, i been trying all morning
    It should work, what problems are you having?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hi all, made a yellow background for new entries
    Attached Images Attached Images
    today's update broke this patch for me. when I first installed it I never created a folder & .png in it & it worked fine (the outgoing balloons were yellow, but also right-justified, which was helpful actually). today though I updated it & there was no longer any color on outgoing messages. I searched, found that the .png was needed, created the folder and the result was the .png being displayed but under a grey bar with the actual text on it (it was also not stretched correcty, but i think that's because of the image dimensions).
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Just installed the Preware version 1.4.5-128 on an AT&T Pre+

Conversations with last message incoming are blue, with last message outgoing are gray (no bubble color at all).

Do I need the scrim files for the preware version? There's no documentation on this in the first post...
  12.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Consequence_9 View Post
    today's update broke this patch for me. when I first installed it I never created a folder & .png in it & it worked fine (the outgoing balloons were yellow, but also right-justified, which was helpful actually). today though I updated it & there was no longer any color on outgoing messages. I searched, found that the .png was needed, created the folder and the result was the .png being displayed but under a grey bar with the actual text on it (it was also not stretched correcty, but i think that's because of the image dimensions).
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    Just installed the Preware version 1.4.5-128 on an AT&T Pre+

Conversations with last message incoming are blue, with last message outgoing are gray (no bubble color at all).

Do I need the scrim files for the preware version? There's no documentation on this in the first post...
    The update was not made by me, for some reason on preware only the first version (didn't need adding new images) was currently available and someone updated it to the scrim version (needs adding images), so currently the only one available is the scrim version. Will submit the 3 versions to preware, by the way since I will submit them again do people prefer the current scrim folder or is .scrim (note the dot) preferred?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Generally .scrim is better so it won't show up in the photo app. Ubercalendar patch uses this choice as well.

Is there a version for just changing the color without adding a gradient?
  14.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    Generally .scrim is better so it won't show up in the photo app. Ubercalendar patch uses this choice as well.

Is there a version for just changing the color without adding a gradient?
    The gradient is part of the image (see attached images in first post), if you want a solid color just make an image with the color you want.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I too have had the same issue with the green balloons now showing as white/grey, since updating the patch. Is there a way to go back to the previous version? Too bad, I liked this patch.

Update: I installed the patch from the first post using WOSQI and all seems to be back to normal. Nice little patch
    Last edited by TimBoch; 02/13/2011 at 09:08 PM.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
  16.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    I too have had the same issue with the green balloons now showing as white/grey, since updating the patch. Is there a way to go back to the previous version? Too bad, I liked this patch.
    I submitted all the versions again, in the mean time you have several options
    1. Wait for the new update
      or
    2. Put chat-balloon-history-left.png and chat-balloon-left-new.png in /media/internal/scrims/
      or
    3. Uninstall the patch and install the original version from the first post manually
    Mine are showing up white as well. The patch used to work properly for me, but now the outgoing texts are showing up white after an update today. I own a palm pixi.
    Here's the version I was using (probably others too) before this update which didn't require an image placed into a scrim folder. Just unzip and install the ipk (patch).

This may or may not be the one already attached in the first post of this thread. I didn't download it to check version numbers.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I am having a problem. I installed "Messaging history chat balloon color with scrim v2" from Preware. I have the latest patch and my balloons are weird. I have attached a screenshot for reference. Anyone else seeing something similar? Why is that happening?
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast