1.    #1  
    Do you put the phone by your bed at night so you can get calls in case of emergency, but are tired of getting woke up by email or text messaging alerts? How about somebody create a patch that can provide a setting to mute the phone at various periods of the day (i.e. at night). I always hate turning the phone off, so why not have it mute the text messages and email alerts from, lets say, 0100 - 0500.

What do you all think? Is it even possible?
    I use an app called Mode Switcher to do pretty much exactly what you describe. You can read all about it here. [Not sure that link is working right, but you can go to the homebrew apps forum and search for "mode switcher"] The thread has gotten several pages long, but the first post has all the info for retrieving and installing with preware. Some of the features are still under development, but it is very functional. If you take the time to wade through the thread you will learn much about its capabilities.

With Mode Switcher I created a "Night" mode that turns off data and wifi connections [that gets rid of the emails] and silences SMS alerts [no more text sounds]. This way the phone is still active with ringer sound on.

Mode Switcher has the ability to set triggers by time, charging events, or GPS location so you can set a variety of modes for a variety of situations and have them switch automatically. I still mostly switch modes manually and that works too.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    I use an app called Mode Switcher to do pretty much exactly what you describe. You can read all about it here. [Not sure that link is working right, but you can go to the homebrew apps forum and search for "mode switcher"] The thread has gotten several pages long, but the first post has all the info for retrieving and installing with preware. Some of the features are still under development, but it is very functional. If you take the time to wade through the thread you will learn much about its capabilities.

With Mode Switcher I created a "Night" mode that turns off data and wifi connections [that gets rid of the emails] and silences SMS alerts [no more text sounds]. This way the phone is still active with ringer sound on.

Mode Switcher has the ability to set triggers by time, charging events, or GPS location so you can set a variety of modes for a variety of situations and have them switch automatically. I still mostly switch modes manually and that works too.
    This was exactly what I was looking for. A bit complicated, but after a few test runs, I got it down. Thanks again for the suggestion.