Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm afraid Doctoring is the only cure currently known for this.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    This has also happened to me on one of my pre's after i doctored to 1.4.5. I noticed that i got an error 11 when setting up Preware. I think that it is basically a bad doctor and it needs to be doctored again. Something with not all the files are there or corrupt in some way which caused the settings not to stick after a reboot. I tried everything else before i doctored. The repair utility, various patch recovery things, and the doctor is the only thing that would fix it.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Well I'm resign to doctoring I guess but having spent a day trying to get the "doctor" to do anything I'm at a loss.

I'll review what I think the procedure is to use this doctor, but please let me know if I'm missing a step. Battery In, Shut Down, run Doctor, after Novacomm blah blah, I get the screen to Plug into USB, ok I do that, Palm logo (glowing on and off), then USB mode or Just Charge. The Doctor's next button never activates and I'm stuck So what am I missing. Please advise or if there's a thread here - point me to it.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Well after hangin' out with Palm Tech support for an hour, to no avail, I figured out that the Pixi Plus has to be setup differently than what the Palm site WebOs Doctor procedure describes. While the step that states reinserting the battery "while" holding down the Up Volume button may be doable on a Pre, not so on the Pixi since the back plate is removed there is no button available. Thus you never get the white USB icon and the Doctor can't recognize the device is attached.

Instead simply shut down the Pixi completely, with battery installed and backplate on, and plug the cable to AC power in "while" holding down the UP Volume button, this results in the white USB icon appearance, now the USB to computer cable can be swapped into the port, and the Doctor does recognize the Pixi and the Next button activates and Doctor can process the device.

In summary this "doctoring" solved the issue of the apps reverting to different pages on resets and I only needed to reload Preware and the Patches I'd downloaded.

FWIW this maybe what everyone here has known all along but what the Palm Tech just couldn't visualize, not matter how I described what my Pixi was displaying using the Palm website's procedure.
    I'm pretty sure I came up with a solution that does not require Doctoring, it's actually a pretty easy fix:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...doctoring.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12