Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by lusciousranger1 View Post
    I have the non-demo clear card app, and I love it. I like to have my apps quickly available, but I also like to have my screen clutter free. If I wanted a bunch of widgets and junk, Id simply get a droid. If you havent tried clear card, it may be worth looking into. Some of the reviews for the app make it look bad because the downloader didnt know exactly what they were getting or expected a magical full featured app...for free.
    Well, if you think the only difference between Android and WebOS is widgets, then you are missing the big picture. I do not want "a bunch of widgets and junk", in fact the purpose of this patch request and this thread is to provide a completely clear wallpaper view, with no apps or launcher, and with no fake clear app in between.

This would allow for a couple of things. For those who want a clean interface... done.

For those who can see additional benefit to this feature, it might allow for a number of new features, some that may not be conceived of yet. For instance, on that other thread I mentioned above, it might be cool to have a way to place one or more running apps as minimized cards onto the "desktop", to have them running and to be able to monitor them from wallpaper-view, or be able to launch them even quicker than launching card view.

Of course, ClearCard is an option, and you are welcome to continue to use it.
    This is the EXACT thing I suggested in a post a few days ago (I didn't see this thread then). I would really love this, and I don't really see any reason why this couldn't be implemented, unless it simply isn't possible. Why would Palm care if we hide our cards? ClearCard is in the Palm app catalog...why should it matter to them what method we use to implement the same functionality?

Also, another card related feature I would like to see implemented is the ability to hide certain cards, and then go into the system menu to toggle between showing and hiding them. For example, I like to keep CPUScaler and Brightness Unlinked running, but they're always getting in the way. If I could hide them and just unhide them when needed it would be really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    Also, another card related feature I would like to see implemented is the ability to hide certain cards, and then go into the system menu to toggle between showing and hiding them. For example, I like to keep CPUScaler and Brightness Unlinked running, but they're always getting in the way. If I could hide them and just unhide them when needed it would be really nice.
    Not sure about the Brightness Unlinked one, as I don't use it. But, as far as I know, there's no need to keep the CPU Scaler app open. Just apply whichever scale you want, then close it. It will continue on that scale setting until you restart your phone (or until it restarts itself ).
    I know it keeps the settings but I switch between 125 and 800 a lot because otherwise the phone gets too hot on the touchstone. Another example would be to hide trapster so that it keeps a fix on GPS. (without trapster running my GPS does not function properly).
    I would like to see something like this.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    It could reveal a widget dashboard as seen in this concept

Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
  7.    #27  
    BUMP.

Does anyone know if this patch idea would be possible with webOS 2.1?
    I doubt this is possible via patch. We haven't even been able to modify the icon size and layout grid of the launcher in webOS 2.1, and you are asking for a much more significant modification to the UI.
  9.    #29  
    I've heard that before, but no one has confirmed it definitely. It seems different than trying to modify the launcher.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12