1.    #1  
    is such a thing possible?
    +1
    it's possible but pretty much useless you are better off snapping a pic then zooming in on it while viewing it because thats exactly what digital zoom is doing
    I'd go for a 2x and/or a zoom and crop to edit the picture. To go any higher with a 3pm camera using a digital zoom would make the pictures look bla.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    need zoom/crop before posting to internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    need zoom/crop before posting to internet.
    definitely, just a zoom/crop save would be entirely worth it
    Palm prē-ist.
    yeah a nice pinch to zoom feature in the view finder
    I don't know about digital zoom, at only 3MP you are not going to be doing your self a favor. but maybe a cropping tool might be usefull as it would be kinda the same as digital zoom.
    Not much use for 'real' photography, but as long as you end up with something of 640x480 or better it would be still useful for electronic transmission. I'd probably prefer a basic editing progam that provided zoom and crop.
    Personally I would like a zoom feature just so I don't have to crop stuff out on my PC later on, and know if a certain detail came out clear enough. I'm not expecting better quality, just a better view of a certain spot of the camera's view.
    i think it would be ok, i had the palm treo 755p,
    Camera: 1280 by 1024 resolution, 1.3 mega pixels with 2x digital zoom
    it would capture video with only 352 x 288 pixel resolution.
    and it was pretty clear. even when zoomed in. and this camera is a 3.2 (actually 3.15) mp with a resolution of 2048 x 1536 so i would think it would be better than the 755p that i was happy with before.
    Last edited by thepervster; 04/08/2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: edit
    A digital zoom might not be possible but a crop patch most definitely is! The Pre already has the ability to effectually crop photos via the "Screen Capture" command(orange + sym + P). All that would need to be done is for an option via patch to be added to the Photo App menu that effectively executes this command and saves it to a "Cropped Photos" file! I don't know code but I'm sure Jason or Rob or someone else could easily get this done! It would be huge!