Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. nerubius's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #1  
    In webOS 1.4, the messaging application would allow you to choose from "loaded videos" as well as your own recorded videos from "video roll" when attaching a video to a text message.

    With the webOS 1.4.1 update, this feature was removed~ allowing only your own 'video roll' videos to be attached. this change was noted in the official 1.4.1 change log.

    I'm hoping someone out there has the expertise to bring back the ability to attach any video (of appropriate size) to MMS in the messaging app.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerubius View Post
    In webOS 1.4, the messaging application would allow you to choose from "loaded videos" as well as your own recorded videos from "video roll" when attaching a video to a text message.

    With the webOS 1.4.1 update, this feature was removed~ allowing only your own 'video roll' videos to be attached. this change was noted in the official 1.4.1 change log.

    I'm hoping someone out there has the expertise to bring back the ability to attach any video (of appropriate size) to MMS in the messaging app.
    There is a patch called "Audio/Video Attachments". Can be applied thru WOSQI or preware.

    you might check this out too, http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...il-videos.html
    Last edited by Butters3605; 04/07/2010 at 12:26 PM.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  3. nerubius's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #3  
    i have installed this patch, and unfortunately, when choosing the video tab, the only available videos to attach are my recorded videos from "Video Roll"
  4. #4  
    I see now that it does not allow you to pick from loaded videos, do you have internalz? could you copy the video to your camera's storage folder?

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  5. #5  
    The attachment file picker in the Messaging app is constrained by size...It will only show you files within the size limit which is set by the carrier.

    In other words, you won't see anything from your Loaded Videos folder if nothing is small enough.

    I hope that helps.
    .
  6. nerubius's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #6  
    i do indeed have video's small enough~ i was able to send these with 1.4 (before the restriction to "video roll" was introduced) without trouble.

    copying videos to the same folder as my recorded videos would probably work, but i'd rather just have the functionality back and not have to do that D:
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerubius View Post
    i do indeed have video's small enough~ i was able to send these with 1.4 (before the restriction to "video roll" was introduced) without trouble.

    copying videos to the same folder as my recorded videos would probably work, but i'd rather just have the functionality back and not have to do that D:
    This is what I do to save videos from an MMS as well.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  8. nerubius's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #8  
    how do you know which folder to pull video's sent to you from? i've had trouble locating them through the maze inside the /media/internal/.attachments/mms directory tree
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerubius View Post
    how do you know which folder to pull video's sent to you from? i've had trouble locating them through the maze inside the /media/internal/.attachments/mms directory tree
    I just go through them, until I find the file. I do not keep a long history of SMS/MMS on my phone. I like to purge, almost weekly.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerubius View Post
    i do indeed have video's small enough~ i was able to send these with 1.4 (before the restriction to "video roll" was introduced) without trouble.

    copying videos to the same folder as my recorded videos would probably work, but i'd rather just have the functionality back and not have to do that D:
    Aha! I see what your talking about which is interesting because when I removed the size limit all the folders appeared.

    I'm very curious now.

    .
  11. nerubius's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
       #11  
    pretty please make this patch D:
  12. #12  
    doesnt certain carriers have a size limit? receiving wise

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions