Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am sure all of you out there have had a photo on your phone at some point in time that you want to be kept a secret.

How about a patch that gives you the option to password protect your photo's even better yet password protect a particular Photo file so not all of the photos are password protected just the photo files that you select.

This would be much appreciated.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

search around this is like the 9th thread asking for this patch that.
  3.    #3  
    My mistake I must have overlooked it as I did look for it first.

Thank you.

loll they haven't made a patch for this yet by the way. Not possible yet
    photo safe works for me (its an app) only thing is once its in there and u delete it from the original folder its in there for ever and if u have to DR its gone for ever! happened to me so now i just back them up on my pc 1st
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    photo safe works for me (its an app) only thing is once its in there and u delete it from the original folder its in there for ever and if u have to DR its gone for ever! happened to me so now i just back them up on my pc 1st

I actually have Photo Safe, and it does do the job, however it is a bit slow if you get to many pics in there. In addition the creator seems to have disappeared as they promised a update to improve it such as the ability to save a photo as a wallpaper, email a photo, naming, etc... which was supposed to happen a few weeks ago. The creator has quite updating the web page as well as replying to any emails.

Hopefully this will be updated soon, however a patch within in the original photo file on the pre would just be easier in my mind as it already works great just needs to be pass word protected.

Maybe easier said than done.

I wish I knew how to make apps and patches lol but yea I haven't used photo safe since I had to dr my phone
  8.    #8  
    Well I had some photos in there and I had to do the same so I lost them I do have them backed up on my pc so not a big deal just time consuming to put them back into the phone.

I am with you on having the know how.

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Just put any such photos into a separate folder from other files and call it something with a period (.) in front. For example, ".private" (without quotes). Then they will be hidden from the photo viewer. If you want to access them you can do so directly through Internalz or use Internalz to rename the folder and remove the period in front of the folder name (unhiding it).
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Just put any such photos into a separate folder from other files and call it something with a period (.) in front. For example, ".private" (without quotes). Then they will be hidden from the photo viewer. If you want to access them you can do so directly through Internalz or use Internalz to rename the folder and remove the period in front of the folder name (unhiding it).
    I appreciate the feedback however I am unfamiliar with this. I tried to create a folder with a period before it and I got an error saying "You must type a file name"

Also once I do get this to work I am not familiar with :Internalz" how would I access the folder?

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I appreciate the feedback however I am unfamiliar with this. I tried to create a folder with a period before it and I got an error saying "You must type a file name"

Also once I do get this to work I am not familiar with :Internalz" how would I access the folder?
    How are you creating the folder? If you're on Windows and doing this via USB, try this: Make a folder named "private" (no quotes). Then select the folder (don't open it) and hit F2, which is rename. Then just add a period to the front of private and hit enter. It should work. I came over to this Windows machine specifically to test for you, lol.

Internalz is a homebrew app you can get through Preware or WebOSQI along with the prerequisite File Mgr Service.
    it's a pain in the *** to see the pics through internalz anyways. You have to select one by one and can't swipe to next or previous pic.... I used that method for a while and hated it
  13.    #13  
    How are you creating the folder? If you're on Windows and doing this via USB, try this: Make a folder named "private" (no quotes). Then select the folder (don't open it) and hit F2, which is rename. Then just add a period to the front of private and hit enter. It should work. I came over to this Windows machine specifically to test for you, lol.

Internalz is a homebrew app you can get through Preware or WebOSQI along with the prerequisite File Mgr Service.
    No dice I tried the f2 option and got the same error.

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    it's a pain in the *** to see the pics through internalz anyways. You have to select one by one and can't swipe to next or previous pic.... I used that method for a while and hated it
    The point is that you don't have to do that, heh. Just rename the folder to remove the period and then you can view them in the Photos app again. Just put the period back when done.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    No dice I tried the f2 option and got the same error.
    Sorry, cannot help you then. Folder creation is pretty standard, I actually cannot make it give me an error no matter how I create the folder on any of the Windows PCs we have around the office here.

Good luck.
    Sorry, cannot help you then. Folder creation is pretty standard, I actually cannot make it give me an error no matter how I create the folder on any of the Windows PCs we have around the office here.

Good luck.
    yea it was kinda tough for me to add that (.) infront of the folder.... I don't remember how I did it tho sorry
    In the explorer window go to tools--> folder options and then select the view tab. Make sure the box labeled "Hide extensions for known file types" is NOT checked. I think this might solve the issue. It's the only thing I could think of thats different from my work computer and my home computer. And I can put the . in at work but not at home.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
  18.    #18  
    Unfortunately this did not work either I will try it again from my home pc tonight.

One more question I load internalz and thought I would try to rename the file however once loaded I opened it and I am now getting a error in internalz saying "ca.canucksoftware.filemgr is not running."
    Is there something else that I need to download?

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Is there something else that I need to download?
    You need Jason's File Manager Service too.
  20.    #20  
    Than kyou all I was able to make it work. Not the best answer but it does work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast