Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Dear developers,

Apologies if this is oft-requested, but I haven't found it mentioned anywhere...
    I am being slowly driven mad by the way that the email app pretty much forces me to put my replies above the quoted text in a reply email. Normally I would respond below, or insert responses to particular points within the original text, but because the app does not prepend each line with ">" (or similar) there is no way to make this clear, short of manually going through and adding ">" to each line.

Would it be possible to produce a patch so that ">" was prepended to each quoted line in a response? Ideally my signature would also be moved to the bottom, rather than being placed above the quoted text.

Thanks for your time.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I would love this. I would also love it if a patch could allow us to send email in plaintext, which is arguably the way it should be, but failing that I would be eternally grateful for the opportunity to use my Pre to reply to emails without having to top-post like a 1997 AOLer.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    I would love this. I would also love it if a patch could allow us to send email in plaintext, which is arguably the way it should be, but failing that I would be eternally grateful for the opportunity to use my Pre to reply to emails without having to top-post like a 1997 AOLer.
    AOL ;-)

Sadly, nobody else seems interested.
    I'd love the ability for the email app to

1. Send plain text
    2. Allow bottom-posting
    3. Show new messages in more than one folder
    4. Support multiple "from" addresses

Also, other stuff...
    -Simon, occasionally wishing for his old Snappermail.
    I can't believe that after all this time (3 1/2 years since the last reply to this thread), I am finally coming across this. Sad to think that we logical thinkers (quote on top; reply beneath) are in such a minority these days. No wonder kids can't read (or comprehend)...

Anyway, me too for this one. Maybe with Phoenix ACL we'll find an Android email app which does this for us. Alternatively, it's on my patches-to-look-into-scripting list, if I ever find the time.

Cheers