Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here are three simple patches I made. I've only tested them on a Pre with 1.4.1.1, But I'm pretty sure it will also work with 1.4.1, at least.
    Unknown_2010-05-04_171820.png

NEW PATCH:

UPDATES: Both the 'Add Yahoo and Bing' and 'Add Yahoo and Bing and Remove Twitter' patches are now available in Preware
    Last edited by thomascoe; 04/21/2010 at 09:28 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    coooooool.. i've been waiting for this.. thanks.. will install bing when i get home
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    coooooool.. i've been waiting for this.. thanks.. will install bing when i get home
    hi. is there a reason why u like bing better then google? thanks
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    nope.. no reason.. i'm just on a whole.. screw google moment... lol
    nope.. no reason.. i'm just on a whole.. screw google moment... lol
    yep. i also think they have too much power...
    kool... i was waiting for this... thanks
  7.    #7  
    Are these patches working for everyone? I need a few confirmations that these actually work for other people before I will submit this to the webos-patches feed for Preware
    Follow me on Twitter

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
    was waiting for something like this. thanks.
    thanks! its cool~!
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    Here are three simple patches I made. I've only tested them on a Pre with 1.4.1.1, But I'm pretty sure it will also work with 1.4.1, at least.

Unknown_2010-05-04_171820.png

Once a few people here have tested these, I will probably submit them to the webos-patches feed.

Please post your results in this thread. Be sure to include which patch you tested and what WebOS version and device you have
    One I use quite a it... Any chance you can add IMDb.com to the universal search? Would it be tough?
    really? I love google as a company, while I prefer webos to android,google makes so much good free stuff..
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i installed the bing patch, now when trying to load preware it freezes on this patch when it loads unknown items..
    I don't need yahoo or bing, but I'm happy these are all becoming patches. My coding doesn't end up too well. Preware for these? +1 for imdb, and more suggestions if you ever feel inspired:

ebay
    facebook
    youtube
    google images
    google shopping
    precentral
    craigslist
    yahoo answers?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Excellent work - I know WebOS Internals have had the info on their site for quite a while but its great that someone took the time to release a patch for all of us non-code knowing guys .

Thanks gain - The Bing patch works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I like this patch a lot. Thanks.

I also like the remove twitter and add dictionary and thesaurus patch as well, however they can't be installed at the same time. Any chance that they can work together?
  16.    #17  
    i installed the bing patch, now when trying to load preware it freezes on this patch when it loads unknown items..
    I think this was a bug with Preware, an update to Preware was posted earlier today that addresses an error when scanning unknown packages. Update Preware and then try it.
    Follow me on Twitter

17.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    One I use quite a it... Any chance you can add IMDb.com to the universal search? Would it be tough?
    Hmm... I probably could, but I'd have to have an image for IMDB to use in Universal Search, and you'd need more than just a patch to install it. You'd have to send the image file to a directory in your phone using WebOS Quick Install. I'm not quite sure it would be worth the effort... haha.
    Follow me on Twitter

18.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I don't need yahoo or bing, but I'm happy these are all becoming patches. My coding doesn't end up too well. Preware for these? +1 for imdb, and more suggestions if you ever feel inspired:

ebay
    facebook
    youtube
    google images
    google shopping
    precentral
    craigslist
    yahoo answers?
    I could actually probably do a few of those, but as I just said to KnoxBNYC about IMDB, it wouldn't work with just a patch. You would also have to take an image for each additional search to send to a directory on your phone with WebOS Quick Install.

And I'm not too good with Photoshop, I don't think I could make any images for those searches that would look anything like the ones in Universal search now... It wold look horrible if you used an image not styled the same way...
    Follow me on Twitter

19.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    I like this patch a lot. Thanks.

I also like the remove twitter and add dictionary and thesaurus patch as well, however they can't be installed at the same time. Any chance that they can work together?
    If I have the time later this week, I could make a master patch that combines one of my patches with his.

You'd still have to take the images he has and send them to that same directory on your phone, like in his instructions.

If you want me to do that, just specify which of my patches you want combined with his {add yahoo, add bing, or both}, and tell me if you also want twitter removed or not. I could maybe have this done by the end of the week
    Follow me on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast