Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    If I have the time later this week, I could make a master patch that combines one of my patches with his.

You'd still have to take the images he has and send them to that same directory on your phone, like in his instructions.

If you want me to do that, just specify which of my patches you want combined with his {add yahoo, add bing, or both}, and tell me if you also want twitter removed or not. I could maybe have this done by the end of the week
    I have his images already installed.

I would love both the bing and yahoo included and I dont give a flip about searching twitter. That would be awesome!
    Thanks for this.

+1 for IMDB, that would be a great addition
    +1 for IMDb

Not sure if some one could size this down and color match?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Butters3605; 04/07/2010 at 04:16 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I don't need yahoo or bing, but I'm happy these are all becoming patches. My coding doesn't end up too well. Preware for these? +1 for imdb, and more suggestions if you ever feel inspired:

ebay
    facebook
    youtube
    google images
    google shopping
    precentral
    craigslist
    yahoo answers?
    The universal search commandline patch does most of this can't imagine my pre with out it...... For imdb all you have to do is type .i prior to the text u'd input on universal search...
    Quote Originally Posted by lexflo View Post
    The universal search commandline patch does most of this can't imagine my pre with out it...... For imdb all you have to do is type .i prior to the text u'd input on universal search...
    Do you have a link for that??
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Do you have a link for that??
    Here it is ... It's on preware too ..

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...line-uscl.html
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I don't need yahoo or bing, but I'm happy these are all becoming patches. My coding doesn't end up too well. Preware for these? +1 for imdb, and more suggestions if you ever feel inspired:

ebay
    facebook
    youtube
    google images
    google shopping
    precentral
    craigslist
    yahoo answers?
    Great work on the Yahoo and Bing. Like Patrickmangan, I would like a youtube patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    Hmm... I probably could, but I'd have to have an image for IMDB to use in Universal Search, and you'd need more than just a patch to install it. You'd have to send the image file to a directory in your phone using WebOS Quick Install. I'm not quite sure it would be worth the effort... haha.
    An IMDb icon can be found here, as part of the WebOS Internals on the subject.

@thomascoe...One thing...

When you're setting up the file path for the non-bundled images, I've found using a folder on the USB drive can make it easier for others to use...See the examples below.

OK...
    Code:
    imgFile:"images/SEARCH.png"
    Better...
    Code:
    imgFile:"/media/internal/.scrims/SEARCH.png
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    @thomascoe...One thing...

When you're setting up the file path for the non-bundled images, I've found using a folder on the USB drive can make it easier for others to use...See the examples below.

OK...
    Code:
    imgFile:"images/SEARCH.png"
    Better...
    Code:
    imgFile:"/media/internal/.scrims/SEARCH.png
    Yes, that was what I was planning on doing. And sorry guys, I don't have any other patches done yet, I've been really busy with school work and such. I haven't hardly had much time to even check PreCentral, much less write code. Maybe tomorrow I'll have time to write the code for some of the patches you all have requested...
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    No worries. School is more important. Glad you have perspective.
  12.    #32  
    Ok, I still haven't got any reports of my patches not working, so I just submitted the Add Yahoo and Bing patch to the Webos-Patches feed for Preware. It should be in Preware sometime soon
    Follow me on Twitter

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
  13.    #33  
    The Add Yahoo and Bing Patch is now available in Preware. Also, I made a new patch which removes Twitter as well as adds Yahoo and Bing. You can download the .patch file in my original post, or you can just wait a few days and install it in Preware
    Follow me on Twitter

14.    #34  
    Ok, the Add Bing and Yahoo and remove Twitter patch is now available in Preware
    Follow me on Twitter

Hi all,

Maybe this is not the correct place to write this, if not, please let me know the correct thread or move this question.

I just installed this patch and love it. Thank you.

My question is this:

I noticed that if you run the Web app, and go into Preferences, there is a setting to set the default 'search engine'.

The only one available is Google right now and was wondering why after installing this new Bing and Yahoo search choices they are not showing as an option in the preference settings?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

Maybe this is not the correct place to write this, if not, please let me know the correct thread or move this question.

I just installed this patch and love it. Thank you.

My question is this:

I noticed that if you run the Web app, and go into Preferences, there is a setting to set the default 'search engine'.

The only one available is Google right now and was wondering why after installing this new Bing and Yahoo search choices they are not showing as an option in the preference settings?

Thanks!

Rob
    The patch doesn't enable the setting for it, it just adds both Yahoo and Bing to the Universal Search below Google, so you can select which to use whenever you actually make a search.
    Follow me on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12