Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Hello,

I'm having problems removing two patches with preware and/or webosquickinstall.

I installed 1.4.1.1 update without running the emergency patch remover (yes, this probably would have avoided the issues).

Being that all of the patches' affects were no longer present, I removed all of them in preware. However, two patches failed removal: No Auto-Off While Charging, and SMS Tone Per Contact.

Here is the IPKG error log for each:
    No Auto-Off While Charging
    Code:
    Unlock: Nothing interesting.
    Prerm: Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R ? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $Lock$: $Nothing$ $interesting$.
    $Failed$: $ErrorGenericMethodExceotion$: $Failure$ $during$ $pre$-$remove$ $script$ $execution$
    SMS Tone Per Contact
    Code:
    Unlock: Nothing interesting.
    Prerm: 
    Check for md4sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R ? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]

3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ..$blahblah$..

$2$ $out$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$filepicker$-$behaviors$.$js$.$rej$
    ..$blahblah$..

$1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$views$/$lists$-$fake$.$html$.$rej$
    ..$blahblah$..

$1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$listview$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    ..$blahblah$..

$1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    ..$blahblah$..

$1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$.$rej$
    ..$blahblah$..

$11$ $out$ $of$ $11$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$notification$-$asssistant$.$js$.$rej$
    ..$blahblah$..

$Lock$: $Nothing$ $interesting$.
    $Failed$: $ErrorGenericMethodExceotion$: $Failure$ $during$ $pre$-$remove$ $script$ $execution$
    I then ran the WebOS Repair Utility, and the same outcome occurred. What I can't understand is isn't the point of the repair utility to replace modified files on the device?

Is it safe to assume that if I replace the files listed above with known good, then uninstall preware and reinstall, that it will solve the problem (being that the patches are non-functional)?

• usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    • usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    • usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs
    • usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/lists-fake.html
    • usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    • usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    • usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    • usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/notification-asssistant.jsjsjs

I'd like to avoid running doctor, if at all possible.

Thanks,

Matt
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    1. Make a list of all your patches (refer to the USB partition of your phone, it should have a file with the names of the patches you have installed, or do it manually)
    2. Run EPR, then run the WebOS Repair Utility with Override Compatibility checked.
    3. Repair the files.

Reinstall all your patches.

This should take care of the issues you are facing.

P.S. - Make sure you are running the latest version of repair utility.
  3. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Same two I have same problem with. Really don't want another trip to the doctor.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    1. Make a list of all your patches (refer to the USB partition of your phone, it should have a file with the names of the patches you have installed, or do it manually)
    2. Run EPR, then run the WebOS Repair Utility with Override Compatibility checked.
    3. Repair the files.

Reinstall all your patches.

This should take care of the issues you are facing.

P.S. - Make sure you are running the latest version of repair utility.
    EPR fails with the following IPKG error on install:

Code:
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery
    Installing org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery  (2.1.1) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/all/org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery_2.1.1_all.ipk
    Nothing to be done
    Package org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery md5sum mismatch.  Either the ipkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'ipkg update'.
    Collected errors:
    Any ideas?

For fun, I ran WebOS Repair Utility 2.0.1 with override compatibility anyway.
    Code:
    Modified file found: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-a
    ssistant.jsjsjs
    $Modified$ $file$ $found$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$app$/$views$/$securityconfig$/$securit$
    $yconfig$-$scene$.$html$
    $Modified$ $file$ $found$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$models$/$SystemService$.$js$
    $Modified$ $file$ $found$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$controllers$/$soundsalert$
    $sconfig$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Modified$ $file$ $found$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$views$/$soundsalertsconfi$
    $g$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$scene$.$html$
    Preware lists no patches as being installed.

webosinternals.patches.packages no longer exists in the root of the USB drive.

I will attempt a reinstall of the patches and see what happens.

Thanks!

Matt
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Getting errors when reinstalling patches.

Will be running doctor tomorrow. Oh well! Next time I'll make sure to run EPR before installing the OS update.

Thanks!