1.    #1  
    delete
    Last edited by crissd00d; 02/10/2011 at 07:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Supposedly, quick launch shortcuts are hardcoded and cannot be changed. =( I missed having the quicklaunch like the old PalmOS which I had the usual 4 with an alternative 4.
    8 convenient shortcuts!
    I second this function. I currently hide the quick launch bar so that it is totally invisible and I only use gesture functions to access pretty much everything. I could use that extra spot for sure. What I'd really like to see would be a multi wave bar patch where swiping up and holding on to one quick launch app would bring up a secondary bar with other choices (like for contacts). Of course, that's wishful thinking, and I don't think it's even possible.
  4.    #4  
    delete
    Would be really nice to be able to either change the number of icons on the quicklaunch bar, or else replace the Launcher icon with something else.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Agreed! I never use the launcher icon - swipe up is the quickest way. I could really put that extra button to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    Supposedly, quick launch shortcuts are hardcoded and cannot be changed. =( I missed having the quicklaunch like the old PalmOS which I had the usual 4 with an alternative 4.
    8 convenient shortcuts!
    This has been brought up plenty of times, & is not possible. If you search for any of the other threads Jason explains it.
    Ex: search of this forum using terms from this thread's title, remove; launcher; & icon

Patch request - Remove launcher icon from bottom bar
    [Patch Req]Remove App launcher button from Quick Launch bar
    Launcher Icon
    Patch Request: Remove Launcher icon from bottom of screen

EDIT: The links and search terms above are provide only as reference with no hidden meaning.
  9.    #9  
    delete
    Last edited by crissd00d; 02/10/2011 at 07:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crissd00d View Post
    yeah ok cool. If you not gonna be any help, gtfo
    That is help! I did the search for you.

It's a list of 4 links from the Patches forum for you to read about your request.

BTW...The OP said...
    There was a thread about this like a year ago but it got no where and nothing was done about it.
    Seriously, you could have done the search, but my reply was indeed an answer to your request.
    I can never find a topic using the search function. Don't know why. Guess I never tried your method (using the semicolons). Still, can't those that point out other threads as points of assistance just simply say, "here ya go, try this thread out. They explain it nicely here." Instead of, "you know, there's already threads for that. Here's what you type since you're obviously a lazy moron who can't take a few more seconds to do so." I second the stfu sentiment......... Sorry I just ranted, but I've created a couple threads that got the same response. I just say ignore the thread if you don't like duplicate threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    I can never find a topic using the search function. Don't know why. Guess I never tried your method (using the semicolons). Still, can't those that point out other threads as points of assistance just simply say, "here ya go, try this thread out. They explain it nicely here." Instead of, "you know, there's already threads for that. Here's what you type since you're obviously a lazy moron who can't take a few more seconds to do so." I second the stfu sentiment......... Sorry I just ranted, but I've created a couple threads that got the same response. I just say ignore the thread if you don't like duplicate threads.
    LOL...Thanks for the laugh...Check my signature...I'm hardly a "lazy moron", and I have yet to be rude as both of you have.

The fact is I contribute to the community!

Finally, I didn't do anything fancy...I simply typed in those 3 terms in the "Search this Thread" box and pressed enter.

13.    #13  
    delete
  14.    #14  
    delete
    ahh man I feel like a **** =/ I'm sorry, I'm just used to the dicks that go around trying to be a smart ***. It ****es me off. I'm starting to become one of them and I didn't even know it. Thanks for the help and sorry again buddy. And it's not that I'm a "lazy moron", I just did a search on my palm pixi, which we all know has problems, and I guess it didn't load right. We are all brothers here. Forgive me for my cockyness
    Thanks for the PM...It's cool.

In reality, getting rid of the launcher icon is something we all wish for anyway.

They should sticky a thread to track the action, then send Palm 1000+ pages of wishes/prayers/rants for it. (just being silly...lack of sleep?)
  16.    #16  
    delete