Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is part of a thread I created two months ago. I'm hoping it gets more action over here...

I was wondering if its possible to assign a picture to all other unknown numbers. kind of like a default picture for anyone I don't have a picture for and/or unknown numbers....? instead of the black screen while ringing and instead of the green screen while on a call.

I wanted to put a default pic of outer space for every number without a picture and unknown numbers or maybe the patch/app could do random pictures from a photo library folder called hot chicks or something. I would like to know if this is possible or if not why not?

I was looking to put this picture up when a call comes in for unknown callers or callers without an assigned picture. if you know what this picture is then maybe you'll think its a cool idea and work on the patch... i hope...

Quote Originally Posted by arkieboy View Post
    I think the file you are wanting to change would be located here:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/contacts-unknown-icon-large.png.

I believe this is the .png that comes up from any caller that is not a contact of yours, which does not have a pic saved under their contact record.

I could be wrong though, hopefully someone with more knowledge will get into the conversation.

if that's the case then a simple patch changing the .png file could suffice right? Kind of like the patch to change the dialer background or lock screen background...

Possibly, I am only starting to dabble in the programming side of it. I will play around with it tomorrow and try to see if I can change it. If I can, I will send the info to a more experienced developer and let them put the patch together.
    any luck??

Sorry, been out of pocket with latest snow storm...no power. I am hoping a mod or someone with a little more knowledge will take a look at this as well. I am pretty sure it is more than just changing a pic. I believe what you are asking to do is controlled by a .jsjsjs $file$. $The$ $incomingcall$-$assistant$.$js$ $file$ $I$ $believe$. $Here$ $are$ $the$ $lines$ $I$ $am$ $looking$ $at$:

updateFields: function(number, contact, fromContacts) {
    var name = ""
    if (contact.name) {
    name = contact.name;
    } else if (contact.cnapName && contact.cnapName !== "unknown") {
    name = contact.cnapName;
    } else {
    name = Messages.unknownCaller;
    }

this.fromContacts = fromContacts;
    this.displayName = name;

this.number = number;
    this.displayNumber = this.formatNumber(number);

this.picture = (contact && contact.pictureLoc ? contact.pictureLoc : null);
    this.contact = contact;

// ensure empty label is displayed as empty
    this.displayLabel = (this.contact.labelFormatted ? this.contact.labelFormatted : "");

I am just unsure if this can be changed easily. Can a mod take a quick look and see if I am on the right track?
    IF ANYONE COULD HELP CREATE A PATCH... IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!
    I have the metal gear codec ringtone loll
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I have the metal gear codec ringtone loll
    so do I.. hahaha. I thought it would be cool if that picture would show up for every unknown caller.
    All you should need to do is replace:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/contacts-unknown-icon-large.png
    It needs to be 170x140.

I hope that helps.

5.    #5  
    still looking for this patch...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    All you should need to do is replace:
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/contacts-unknown-icon-large.png
    It needs to be 170x140.

I hope that helps.

Where can I find this? Can't find it in USB mode.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Where can I find this? Can't find it in USB mode.
    I have no idea... Hopefully xanthinealkaloid can point you in the right direction.
  8.    #8  
    ok... I'm going to bump this thread until someone makes this patch. ugh!
  9.    #9  
    Any help with this would be awesome!
    if you use webosqi you use the send file option and send it to the directory xan references in his post.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    if you use webosqi you use the send file option and send it to the directory xan references in his post.
    do I take my picture and rename to "contacts-unknown-icon-large.png" and then send to path /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/contacts-unknown-icon-large.png
    yes
  13.    #13  
    yes
    ok... I'm trying it now. It said file transferred successfully and I'm doing a restart.

.... and nothing. tried calling from a blocked number and no dice! damnit!
    you are going to have to resize it to 170x 140 though
    please post exactly what you typed in the destination folder here
  16.    #16  
    you are going to have to resize it to 170x 140 though
    yeah... did that.

trying a full restart....

What about what arkieboy was saying? something about a jsjsjs.$file$?
    I have changed lots of my images files you just have to replace the file. I usually use winscp it is much easier it has a windows explorere interface. Most issues with sending the file with webosqi is typo related.
  18.    #18  
    please post exactly what you typed in the destination folder here
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/
    some problems I have also ran into is the .png changing to .PNG and that makes a difference hold on one sec
    you don't have linux access to your Pre do you?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast