1.    #1  
    Since I really...really don't want to remove the 800 mhz patch...yet. I have disabled automatic updates. For those of you who don't feel like searching:

From the Linux command line enter:

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon
    killall UpdateDaemon

So how hard would it be to develop a simple app that allows us to turn this on and off with a flick. Or it could be patched into the menu of the stock updates application.
    how do you know the updates are shut off....my update is just spinning right now
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by japclev View Post
    how do you know the updates are shut off....my update is just spinning right now
    It just won't automatically update unless you re-enable it. It's worked for me in the past. I just wish there was a way to do it without needing QI or Terminus. I wouldn't think this would be really hard to do, but what do I know. From the looks of this thread, it doesn't even seam like anybody would be interested in this anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    Since I really...really don't want to remove the 800 mhz patch...yet. I have disabled automatic updates. For those of you who don't feel like searching:

From the Linux command line enter:

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon
    killall UpdateDaemon

So how hard would it be to develop a simple app that allows us to turn this on and off with a flick. Or it could be patched into the menu of the stock updates application.
    Do you have the command to reenable?
    Thanks!!
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
  5.    #5  
    I'm on my pre now and can't really paste it here, but an advanced search will find it easy enough...anyway I installed the update over the 800 patch and have had no problems
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    Do you have the command to reenable?
    Thanks!!
    Same, except you use a +x...

Code:
    cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod +x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon
    killall UpdateDaemon

WebOS Internals wili page: Blocking Updates
    to reenable

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod +x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /

from webos internals
  8.    #8  
    yeah so anyway...how hard would this patch be to pull off?
    This method would have to be wrapped up into a script, so it would only be saving a few lines at the commandline, since your going to have to go there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    to reenable

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod +x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /

from webos internals
    So what happens after line three you get:

chmod: UpdateDaemon: No such file or directory
    Anyone?