Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I had made a patch for myself adding the menu commands & shortcuts to all the views, after I saw a request I threw in some icons...I'm creating this thread in anticipation of submitting for Preware.

Here's how it works:

1. The left button is for a new timed event, and the right button is for a new all day event, also showing in each view.
    2. The commands are also available in the menu of each view.
    3. The commands are also available via shortcuts, gesture+n for a new timed event & gesture+d for an all day event.
    4. A new event pushed from the week or month view will be created to whatever day you were in last, like a back gesture would take you back to the last day viewed.

It may seem redundant, but I hope everyone enjoys having the options.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    jmelex likes this.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by reynamvictor View Post
    this work on 1.4.1.1?
    Yes...It should...Please let me know if you have problems.

Wonderful! Tremendous! Greatly increases the value of the Calendar.
    Laissez Faire
    Cool, I'll be happy to try it. Thanks
    On the Pre now, so thanks!!
    Awesomeness!!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have installed this patch and verified the install after Luna Resart. I have 1.4.1 OS version. There seems to have been no effect. No new buttons or new options. It's as if it never installed. Is it possible this patch doesn't work with the 1.4.1 update. Or, perhaps it doesn't work with certain other patches installed? I have 'Default to Month View' patch installed. Do you think that creates a conflict?
    also have the default month view patch installed, and this patch makes no change, no new buttons. hopefully it gets worked out, I would love this feature! thanks anyhow.
    I have default to month view and this patch works perfectly for me.
    Laissez Faire
    Hiya, this patch looks great and I have just tried to install this patch via Preware but it doesn't do anything - the only other patch that I have which relates to the calander is the 'Default to Month View' - is this affecting it or should I do something else to make it work?

Thanks

Edit: I have since removed the 'Defaul to Month View' patch and this one still isn't working...it looks a really good patch - any ideas why it doesn't work. It installs fine with preware just doesn't seem to change anything!
    Last edited by icklepriest; 04/06/2010 at 05:13 AM.
    I have the 1.4.1.1 and have installed and verified the patch is installed after doing a Luna restart and have yet to see these changes.
  12.    #12  
    OK, so to address the recent issues since this patch hit Preware...

First all of all, it's definitely not a compatibility issue with any other calendar related patches available through Preware...I've had them all installed together and working fine.

This issue seems to be something with Preware...I've come across a couple other patches from another author I was trying to switch from .patch installs to Preware installs with a similar result...I had the proper functionality, until I uninstalled the .patch and reinstalled through Preware...Also, it's not making a entry in the .webosinternals.patches.packages file which is quite unusual.

My only suggestion right now is to try installing the .patch via WebOS Quick Install.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    OK, so to address the recent issues since this patch hit Preware...

First all of all, it's definitely not a compatibility issue with any other calendar related patches available through Preware...I've had them all installed together and working fine.

This issue seems to be something with Preware...I've come across a couple other patches from another author I was trying to switch from .patch installs to Preware installs with a similar result...I had the proper functionality, until I uninstalled the .patch and reinstalled through Preware...Also, it's not making a entry in the .webosinternals.patches.packages file which is quite unusual.

My only suggestion right now is to try installing the .patch via WebOS Quick Install.

I've been experiencing the same thing with the media volume in device menu patch.
    Ok cool - I'll try webOS QI when I get home from work (forgot my cable today!)

Edit: Just got home and 'plugged in'! It works great - thank you!!
    Last edited by icklepriest; 04/06/2010 at 12:12 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Update from the Preware thread in the WebOS Internals subforum...

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, I have a hunch that the machine we're using while the normal autobuilder is broken may be building patches wrong.

Does it happen on a patch which has not been updated since the day of the 1.4.1 release?

In any case, I'm rebuilding all the patches after fixing the problem with the temporary build machine, just in case.

-- Rod
    Rebuilt patches are uploading to the feeds now. Please test and report.

-- Rod
    OK, that didn't work. That'll teach me for going to get some sleep at 1:30am while they are rebuilding ...

It's now 3:30am, and I'm rebuilding the feeds for the second time. I'll post again when they are ready.

-- Rod
  16.    #16  
    FYI...The Preware feed is now back in action...

OK, the rebuilt feed is now ready for use.

Unfortunately, you will need to uninstall and reinstall any patches that are not working that you installed in the last 48 hours since our autobuilder broke.

Apologies for the inconvenience. The new motherboard for the autobuilder should arrive and be installed today, and then things will be back to normal.

-- Rod
    I did try to install using QuickInstall and it worked perfectly, great app and wonderful job. Thanks for the great work and responses to this issue.
    It would be really great if this patch was integrated with Agenda. That would be awesome.
    Laissez Faire
    This patch and Default to Month View have vastly improved how I use the Calendar app. Thanks very much for your work here xanthinealkaloid!
    xanthinealkaloid can you add the agenda icon to this patch. I like how ubercalendar does it but I have so many events when the subjects are put in it is very jumbled. I would like to be able to jump to the agenda from the calendar though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast