1.    #1  
    one thing that I have noticed as well as many others of course, is that when you multi-task, your phone gets warmer than when just sitting in idle.. Some apps of course use more resources than others, the GPS is one that seems to really get your phone cookin.. If you are driving around using your GPS, or specifically, apps that use your GPS system, then you risk bricking your phone much quicker.. with the temp patches that are out and the battery monitor app that lets you know what your phone's internal temp is, you can really manage the situation much more closely than before. This is great, no one wants to hose their phone..

So, this brings us to the whole reason why I am posting this thread.. My phone has a mount for the car that clips onto the A/C vent. When I turn on the A/C with my phone on the mount, it is right in the front of the middle vent. I put my GPS app on, opened up a few other apps, then the battery monitor, I watched as the temp increased fairly quickly. (43 to be exact, this is as high as I have seen my phone's temp get) I then turned on the car's A/C. My A/C has always worked pretty good, so I was very curious to see if it was able to do what I was hoping. Sure enough, the temp dropped very fast. All the way down to 20. Another thing that I was very impressed with was that even though my phone is already like lightning with the 800MHz kernel, when I brought the temp down to 20, the phone was literally 2 - 3 times faster than at normal or high temps..

I am not saying that icing down your phone is going to make it faster, infact, I wouldnt recommend it as this could produce condensation that accumulates on some of the micro components.. But I just thought I'd share what I noticed, quite impressive.
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 03/31/2010 at 02:49 AM.
    yea that works I've been putting it on ice so to speak when it gets hot I put it on an ice tray because the raisesd edges don't let the ice actually make contact it works pretty well I do it when I'm playing games and such lol
    my son actually puts his in the freezer for a few seconds which I definitely don't recommend like stated in the first post
    Quote Originally Posted by chadking View Post
    my son actually puts his in the freezer for a few seconds which I definitely don't recommend like stated in the first post
    Im gonna cry.. LOL
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Yeah I used my gps today and it got up to 40 I have the cpu-scaling app installed and I think next time i use the gps I'll scale down the speed to 600 and see if it helps. I haven't had it get hot doing anything else just using the gps.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    Another thing that I was very impressed with was that even though my phone is already like lightning with the 800MHz kernel, when I brought the temp down to 20, the phone was literally 2 - 3 times faster than at normal or high temps..
    Sorry, but that's impossible
    The only way that cooling your phone could make it run faster is if it was glitching out from excess heat. Otherwise the clock speed is set at a particular value (in your case 800 MHz), and your phone is either going to operate at that speed or not at all (thermally-triggered shutdown).
  7.    #7  
    yes, diesel, I figured that it was just my imagination, it just seemed faster.. lol thanks all for the posts..
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    Yeah I used my gps today and it got up to 40 I have the cpu-scaling app installed and I think next time i use the gps I'll scale down the speed to 600 and see if it helps. I haven't had it get hot doing anything else just using the gps.
    I have the 800MHz patch installed, but I havent seen anything come through for a scaler that scales up to 800, is that new?