1.    #1  
    Disables Abandoned Forwards in New Messages
    Preware Status: Approved 4/5/10

Disables messages that a user goes to forward and then abandons to only appear later when a user goes to compose a new message in the Messaging application.

WebOS saves this message as a draft that automatically appears when composing a new message. Abandoned reply messages within existing conversations threads will still appear.

If anyone also finds it annoying and wouldn't mind testing this patch, please report back.

Updated: Patch updated to work with 1.4.0 - 1.4.1.x
    Last edited by opacityzero; 04/05/2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Works for me...It's a good one.

It's something that has bothered me too...Personally, I added for the chatview also.

Thanks!
    Works great! That was a problem I encountered regularly. Thanks! Can you post the one for the chatview?
    OK, but this is no way to distract from opacity's idea which happens to be a really good one!

EDIT: patch removed...opacityzero has it covered
    I totally agree. This community just keeps getting better and better.
  6.    #6  
    xanthinealkaloid, you're quick and not a problem. I was thinking of separating the two patches to give users more freedom of choosing one or the other, or both. If you're cool with this, I'll create a new topic.

I actually didn't have the one line at the bottom commented out yet when working on this patch, so I think I'll keep your patch instead and give proper credits to you.

Update: a single draft was still appearing in a txt I created before I applied the patch and strangely wouldn't stop appearing no matter what I tried...new drafts however work and do not appear.

Update 2: Found the additional line to comment out which will prevent any draft from populating the text area.

Updated Patch attached - this will prevent any draft from being written in case a user had a draft before applying the patch as I did on one contact. This patch doesn't include the forwarding draft patch above so users can choose one or both. If this works, I'll create a new topic.

Update 3: Removed patch as xanthinealkaloid's discovered, the message count wouldn't update after this patch. Luckily, the fix required less modification. See new topic.
    Last edited by opacityzero; 03/31/2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Updated patch
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    xanthinealkaloid, you're quick and not a problem. I was thinking of separating the two patches to give users more freedom of choosing one or the other, or both. If you're cool with this, I'll create a new topic.
    You're probably right about keeping the compose separate from the chatview.

Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Updated Patch attached - this will prevent any draft from being written in case a user had a draft before applying the patch as I did on one contact. This patch doesn't include the forwarding draft patch above so users can choose one or both. If this works, I'll create a new topic.

Also, I found the previous chatview attempt doesn't work because it's directly attached to the unread count...The result, while it clears the draft text, is it doesn't update the unread count...

It turns out it's as easy as this for the chatview, so it's all yours...
    Code:
    --- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    +++ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$
    @@ -$440$,$7$ +$440$,$7$ @@
             }

$if$ ($response$.$record$.$draftText$) {
    -            $this$.$setTextFieldValue$($response$.$record$.$draftText$);
    +            //$this$.$setTextFieldValue$($response$.$record$.$draftText$);
             }

// $If$ $this$ $async$ $request$ $comes$ $back$ $after$ $the$ $list$ $had$ $loaded$, $fix$ $the$ $scroll$ $position$ $because$
    Now, I apologize for getting your thread way off topic from your original patch to clear the draft text when composing a new text message.

8.    #8  
    Gooood catch. I noticed it too today when I was receiving txt and the count would only count up! I created a new topic for this other patch here.