Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by JeskaGenocide View Post
    I feel a bit 'dumb' for asking this, but how exactly do I get this onto my phone?
    You need to install Preware first.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Adds customizable signature to outgoing text messages.

Someone emailed me about this, so I threw this very simplistic patch together...

I'm posting it here just in case anyone else is dying to have a signature for their text messages, but it's not something that can be submitted for Preware...Installation will have to be done through WOSQI(which is how I ended up doing many of my patches anyway).

USAGE: Prior to installing, open the patch file in a text editor and change [SIGNATURE] to whatever text you would like, but you must leave the quotation marks.

Obviously, the next step is adding something to the preferences to edit and store the signature, but I don't have time right now...If anyone else wants to run with it, please do.

Please see post #74 for most current patch.

2010-03-30: Fix to support messages created in the chatview.
    2010-04-04: Added signature customization.
    2010-04-12: Added a greeting (which could be used for a delivery confirmation string).

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.

how do i get it on my phone????? im new n have no idea about what to do
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Adds customizable signature to outgoing text messages.

Someone emailed me about this, so I threw this very simplistic patch together...

I'm posting it here just in case anyone else is dying to have a signature for their text messages, but it's not something that can be submitted for Preware...Installation will have to be done through WOSQI(which is how I ended up doing many of my patches anyway).

USAGE: Prior to installing, open the patch file in a text editor and change [SIGNATURE] to whatever text you would like, but you must leave the quotation marks.

Obviously, the next step is adding something to the preferences to edit and store the signature, but I don't have time right now...If anyone else wants to run with it, please do.

Please see post #74 for most current patch.

2010-03-30: Fix to support messages created in the chatview.
    2010-04-04: Added signature customization.
    2010-04-12: Added a greeting (which could be used for a delivery confirmation string).

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.

How do you download it i cnt fig. out how????
    i Can't fig. out how too download it plz help me??
    When I try to download it onto my phone from my phone, it says, "This file format is not supported.", and when I download it to my computer and put it on my phone folder, nothing happens do you know what I should do?
    ok so i am extremely lost on how to get the patch for signature... can someone please walk me through it step by step...
    @ 'losties'
    Start reading posting "Welcome to the webOS Patches Forum". That could guide you to "Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes" and that could guide you to "How to Use Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes"

Once setup it's extremely easy to install patches. I believe this patch is not yet available for webOS 2.1?
    its not letting me type in the outgoing signature space no matter how many times i click on the blank area. what do i do?
    i'm getting a garbage text problem, with the following error: "patch unexpectedly ends in the middle of the line" on ny Pre 3...any idea what i'm doing wrong?
    Anybody else would be interested in the original sms sent time to be displayed on the Pre3?
    I want to get this on my hp veer on 2.1.2 so bad. Any help guys?
    I would also like to see a verfsion that works on the HP Veer, any word on the possibility?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567