Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I've run into something strange with this patch. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions.

I have a signature setup in my preferences, it's pretty short, only about 8 characters. When ever I send a message that exceeds the texting character limit (when it splits it into two messages), the first part of the message won't send, the the second part sends fine. I think the phone tries to break up the message, but then adding the signature makes it too large and the carrier won't accept it. I've tried to resend the first half, and even copy/paste the text into a new message, but it still won't send, unless I shorten it. If I remove my signature, then send a message that is large enough for two parts, they both send fine.

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm with Sprint by the way, maybe it's something odd with their network. Any suggestions?
    cant seem to get this patch to completely uninstall. it has been removed from my web-os patches list and does not show up in webos quick install under device management or in preware under my installed packages when i go into the preferences and accounts of the messaging app the sections for outgoing greeting and incoming greeting are still there if i tap in the areas to add text it does nothing. i have used the webos repair utility 3 times and it has restored some files but i still have the same result.
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Vorking codes:

UK

T Mobile *0#
    O2 *0#
    Orange RCT followed by a space
    Virgin *0#

US
    T-Mobile *noti#

Germany

T-Mobile *T#
    Vodafone D2 *N#
    O2 *N#
    e-plus *N#

Sweden

Telia *KV#
    Comviq KV#
    Telenor ##

Brasil
    Claro *N#

Switzerland
    SWISSCOM *N#

Turkey
    TURKCELL *N#

Poland
    PlusGSM (Polkomtel) XYZ

Croatia
    T-Mobile *r*

Portugal
    Vodafone *NOT#

Hungary
    T-Mobile *A#

India
    Voodafone *NOT#

Qatar
    Qtel *N#

Belgium
    Proximus *R*
    Base *N#

Greece
    Vodafone *#
    Wind *0#

Serbia
    MTS *!#
    Telenor *!#

Romania
    Orange *NM#

Israel
    Orange *NM#

However if you add this to the Outgoing Greeting all your emails will also include that code too....Is there a way to configure this for types of messages or accounts to apply to?
    Will you port this to 1.4.5 ?
    anyway to skip a line before the signature? so it would come out some like

"hello how's your day going so far?
    (signature)"

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    anyway to skip a line before the signature? so it would come out some like

(signature)"
    wondering the same
  7. GTB
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    First wanted to say sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong "thread", but new to forums.

I installed just about all the updated large patches (packages?)...thanks first for all the extremely great work on these. After being a Palm person for over 12 years, I just about left that all behind. Hopefully some of you have received the donations I've sent.

Anyway, the programs I speaking of are:

Uber Calendar
    Advanced Configuration for App Launcher
    .................................for System Preferences
    Devicemenu Maxed Out Ultra
    Email Mega Mix
    Mega Mix
    Multi Mod

This may sound trivial, but I can't load the messaging signature, nor have I had any issues installing it. I know a number of the patches can prevent other patches from working, but I thought I'd ask if anyone could tell me with the info below, if there is a way to make it work.

I have a Verizon Palm Pre Plus with 1.4.5 installed. Hope this information will help:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 12494 100 12494 0 0 15022 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 25655
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-message-signature
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-message-signature.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-message-signature from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-message-signature.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Thanks in advance for any assistance on can give me.:
    confused:
    this patch should be stock! thanks for making it!
    Adding the SMS delivery report request:

Czech
    O2: YYYY
    Thanks for this patch, I was looking for delivery confirmation option and this patch resolved my problems (of course it would be nice to have this option built-in, without need to adding string which is visible at the beginning of the message in my phone, but it works so I can accept this little inconvenience). Regarding to previous posts, string which should be added to work with polish operator, Plus GSM, is WXYZ, not XYZ.
    Thanks for this patch. It is working fine but yesterday I finally installed MSN patch. So now everytime I sent an MSN message to my Buddies the greating is included. It would be nice to have an option to disable the greetings and signature to Buddies messages (MSN, yahoo,...) and left it only to SMS.
    I'm new at this. How does a patch work? I think I installed it on my phone but I don't know how to make it work. Please advise. Thanks!
    Go into Messaging -> Preferences & Accounts and set whatever you need. It works, but if you need this to turn on delivery reports, the result may be dependent on carrier, mine carrier sometimes sent me delivery reports, sometimes not, some people reported that they received outgoing greeting, the other not... Finally I turned it off and I need to wait for other patch which turns the delivery reports on.
    Soo I decided to add on to this patch so that new line would be put on a message before the signature so that it looks something like:

(signature)"
    Instead Of:

"hello how's your day going so far? (signature)"
    to do so all u have to do is open up the patch in an editor and go to where it says this in both the chatview-assistant and compose-assistant:

+ messageText: this.msgGreeting + message + this.msgSignature,
    Add "\n" + which is in bold w/ blue below between greeting & message and/or between message & signature so that it looks:

+ messageText: this.msgGreeting + "\n" + message + "\n" + this.msgSignature,
    After This Apply the Patch and it should work after a luna restart
    let me know if this helps.

Hey Fritos you have been missed. Thanks for the update.
    yeahh sorry i been off lately. i just got my pre back i missed it

welcome back fritos!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Thanks for this patch. It is working fine but yesterday I finally installed MSN patch. So now everytime I sent an MSN message to my Buddies the greating is included. It would be nice to have an option to disable the greetings and signature to Buddies messages (MSN, yahoo,...) and left it only to SMS.
    Just bumping...
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Ok...Here's a German version...I hope it works.

If not, PM me your email addy, and I'll work it out.

On Pre- and Pixi+ I installed this patch from Preware and there was no effect.
    Then I found the "German" version as a *.patch file. I copied it to /media/internal and executed it with Internalz. The installation failed.

How do I install the German version? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    I feel a bit 'dumb' for asking this, but how exactly do I get this onto my phone?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast