Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    this is a great patch, but I would love to see it enter the signature on a new line below the message..
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    this is a great patch, but I would love to see it enter the signature on a new line below the message..
    Agreed, but my research hasn't turned up any method to actually send a carriage return which will be rec'd as a newline.

It appears %0D and or %0A may work on a GSM phone, but I have no way of validating this info.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Agreed, but my research hasn't turned up any method to actually send a carriage return which will be rec'd as a newline.

It appears %0D and or %0A may work on a GSM phone, but I have no way of validating this info.

Thaks for the SMS delivery patch.

Does the outgoing greeting show up in IMs also..ie if Im chatting with someone on gtalk will the *R* also appear on every message

Gx
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts

I know you can receive a text with one in it, as I have many times... will have to pick apart a received text and see what character code is used...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Any chance of making the greeting text be italicized or a different color?
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Any chance of making the greeting text be italicized or a different color?
    I could probably try it, but I don't know if the receiver would actually get the formatting...It's like how our rec'd msgs display based on the css file used in the Messaging app...If it's workable, then it could be implemented with switches beginning the string, i.e. b- for bold.

I'm not getting my hopes up it would work though.

7.    #87  
    The upgraded patch from #74 with greeting capability has now been submitted as an update to Preware.

all it needs is an off and on switch

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    This would make it great - either an on/off switch or an 'add signature/greeting' button on the message screen (similar to the 'send' button or the 'new message' button)

For me this would make it far more useful as there are some people who I would rather not end with my signature etc...If it's just me ignore this, jus thinking it'd be a nice piece of functionality.

Thank you for all your hard work!
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by icklepriest View Post
    This would make it great - either an on/off switch or an 'add signature/greeting' button on the message screen (similar to the 'send' button or the 'new message' button)

For me this would make it far more useful as there are some people who I would rather not end with my signature etc...If it's just me ignore this, jus thinking it'd be a nice piece of functionality.

Thank you for all your hard work!
    Good suggestions...A simple on/off would probably be fairly easy to implement with an "add greeting/signature" option being slightly more complicated, but either way I'll look into it...Besides, I had something else I needed to look at doing better in the code...I'm probably not going to be able to do anything with it for at least a week though.

Cool thank you
    hi,

I'm on a german O2 GSM Palm Pre and this patch doesn't seem not work. I installed it yesterday, did a Luna Restart but there where no additional input fields in the settings for the messaging application .
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by CuckooPre View Post
    hi,

I'm on a german O2 GSM Palm Pre and this patch doesn't seem not work. I installed it yesterday, did a Luna Restart but there where no additional input fields in the settings for the messaging application .
    The patch modifies an html file, so a language specific version would have to be made.

Current file being patched
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsAccountSummary/prefsAccountSummary-scene.html
    Here's what the new path should look like.
    Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/resources/[LOCALE]/views/prefsAccountSummary/prefsAccountSummary-scene.html
    For example: LOCALE would be de_de for a German version.

I hope that makes sense.

I hope that makes sense.
    Thanks for your answer. I understand what you mean but I don't know how to make changes to a patch.

How can I download your patch to my computer to edit it?

Thanks
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by CuckooPre View Post
    Thanks for your answer. I understand what you mean but I don't know how to make changes to a patch.

How can I download your patch to my computer to edit it?

Thanks

Ok...Here's a German version...I hope it works.

If not, PM me your email addy, and I'll work it out.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot from Switzerland - the "german" patch works greatly !!!
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimra View Post
    Thanks a lot from Switzerland - the "german" patch works greatly !!!
    LOL...You're not even the user who request it, but I'm extremely glad you tried it...I really wasn't 100% it would work or if the translation of the labeling was correct.

I'm very glad to hear it worked!

if u can add a space bar to seperate the signature from the message cant u make it so that when we press the "enter" key it makes the signature appear under the message? maybe even with the "enter key for new line" patch
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by eparedes123 View Post
    if u can add a space bar to seperate the signature from the message cant u make it so that when we press the "enter" key it makes the signature appear under the message? maybe even with the "enter key for new line" patch
    My understanding is that a line feed or carriage return is not sent across the network, at least on CDMA...Also, a space is considered a character which is handled like any other number, letter, or symbol typed.

I hope that helps.

If you're getting errors, please post...If not, keep reading.

One caveat; this patch requires the modification of an html file to support the option in the preferences which means it will only work 100% when installed a phone using the US English language.

I keep downloading it. But then when i try to open it, it says that windows can't find it?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast