Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by cstew25 View Post
    i tried installing it thru quick install...still nothing. i have other patches that wont work either...all with version 1.4.1-4. im so frustrated!!! =(
    If you're getting errors, please post...If not, keep reading.

One caveat; this patch requires the modification of an html file to support the option in the preferences which means it will only work 100% when installed a phone using the US English language.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    alright cool ill try it out again later on n see
  3.    #63  
    Update from the Preware thread in the WebOS Internals subforum...

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, I have a hunch that the machine we're using while the normal autobuilder is broken may be building patches wrong.

Does it happen on a patch which has not been updated since the day of the 1.4.1 release?

In any case, I'm rebuilding all the patches after fixing the problem with the temporary build machine, just in case.

-- Rod
    Rebuilt patches are uploading to the feeds now. Please test and report.

-- Rod
    OK, that didn't work. That'll teach me for going to get some sleep at 1:30am while they are rebuilding ...

It's now 3:30am, and I'm rebuilding the feeds for the second time. I'll post again when they are ready.

-- Rod
    finally got it 2 install after like 3 tries, i decided when it wouldnt take the 3rd time i would run webos repair utility and then i reinstalled the patch and it worked, so to clarify is it going to show the signature in every text or just the initial text u send?
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    so to clarify is it going to show the signature in every text or just the initial text u send?
    It will append the signature to every text you send.

o ok i c it now i should of waited before i asked that lol
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  7.    #67  
    FYI...The Preware feed is now back in action...

Please Note: If you use the Notification Repeat patch you'll still have to wait for the compatibility update I just submitted to be posted.

OK, the rebuilt feed is now ready for use.

Unfortunately, you will need to uninstall and reinstall any patches that are not working that you installed in the last 48 hours since our autobuilder broke.

Apologies for the inconvenience. The new motherboard for the autobuilder should arrive and be installed today, and then things will be back to normal.

-- Rod
    Any way to make the signature go on the next blank line after the text message or any chance it can be built in? Love the patch regardless!!!!
    @suzannesstud That is a good suggestion. One thing I have done is put a space as the first character to get the seperation from the text.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    Any way to make the signature go on the next blank line after the text message or any chance it can be built in? Love the patch regardless!!!!
    I could be mistaken, but I don't think it's possible to send a line break, i.e. the msg is still delivered in one continuous hunk.

I thought about trying to install the Enter Key for New Line patch where I could press enter before sending, but I wasn't sure if that would make a line break in a text message or not, and I thought if it is possible, it might make an interesting addition to an already excellent patch.
    the enter key patch doesn't put the line on a seperate line like you would want.
    I haven't installed that patch yet since I wouldn't normally start a new line so thanks so much for the info. The leading space is working good for now.
  14.    #74  
    Here's an update as the result of a request by chalx...It adds the ability to have a greeting for you text messages.

The cool thing is that this could be used to enter a delivery confirmation string for those who have carriers which support that sort of thing.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Subscribing. This is very nice.
  16.    #76  
    Minor typo in the chatview changes, so I had to repost the patch above.

Great! It's working! automated SMS delivery receipts at last. You will see in your outgoing messages a string that you entered (not in message editor window), but it's a small price to pay for a delivery receipt. A message receiver will not see a receipt string, it will see only a message text.
    Working string for my carrier is *!#
    for some *0# can do a trick, and for some *R*
    there is more strings aviable, you should search net for it.
    xanthinealkaloid, thank you for your efort.
    Last edited by chalx; 04/12/2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: typos
    Vorking codes:

UK

T Mobile *0#
    O2 *0#
    Orange RCT followed by a space
    Virgin *0#

US
    T-Mobile *noti#

Germany

T-Mobile *T#
    Vodafone D2 *N#
    O2 *N#
    e-plus *N#

Sweden

Telia *KV#
    Comviq KV#
    Telenor ##

Brasil
    Claro *N#

Switzerland
    SWISSCOM *N#

Turkey
    TURKCELL *N#

Poland
    PlusGSM (Polkomtel) XYZ

Croatia
    T-Mobile *r*

Portugal
    Vodafone *NOT#

Hungary
    T-Mobile *A#

India
    Voodafone *NOT#

Qatar
    Qtel *N#

Belgium
    Proximus *R*
    Base *N#

Greece
    Vodafone *#
    Wind *0#

Serbia
    MTS *!#
    Telenor *!#

Romania
    Orange *NM#

Israel
    Orange *NM#
    Do we need to uninstall the original patch and is it still compatable with the message repeat patch?
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Do we need to uninstall the original patch and is it still compatable with the message repeat patch?
    It's an update, so the previous version needs to be uninstalled first.

However, it's still compatible with the msg notification repeat.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast