Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    super needed patch, Thanks
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Yes I missed the signature line from my 755p. Any plans on makeing it integrate to the preferences so you can change signature on the fly?
    It's funny...I never had I phone like this (among other firsts with having the phone)...

Anyhow, I'll probably take a shot at it later tonight, so I can get it on Preware...Hopefully, it won't prove to be beyond me.

You can do it!! This is a great phone. It is almost like a new phone daily with the many tweaks and patches getting developed.
    hey guys, this work on 1.4.1, yet?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipalmpreo View Post
    hey guys, this work on 1.4.1, yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    I don't actually use this patch , but I took it for a quick test drive.

It installed & operated correctly.
    Yup...
    sweetness, excellant job! do you have a thrsad that has all your patches listed?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ipalmpreo View Post
    sweetness, excellant job! do you have a thrsad that has all your patches listed?
    Currently, my signature has links to all the patch threads I started.

8.    #28  
    Done...Here's an updated patch file which allows for a custom signature.

Please see post #74 for most current patch.

Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 04/12/2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: fixed patch file for compatibility w/ notification repeat
    Just installed it and it works good. Cant believe the Pre is the 1st phone I had that didn't have signatures
    --Marvin
    uninstalling to install now! Quick question if I put the apostrophe like i did in the first one will i run into the same problem?
  11.    #31  
    uninstalling to install now! Quick question if I put the apostrophe like i did in the first one will i run into the same problem?
    Since it's passing through a variable it will take anything, but I decided it would be best to impose a 30 character limit...

Actually, the example in the screenshots above might look familiar. *

It appears your new version and the lclarkjr message repeat notification don't play well together. I kept getting an installation error when I tried to install your new version I uninstalled the message repeat notification and it installed I am now trying to reinstall the message notifcation repeat and it won't install.

This is the error message I get when I try to install the custom signature with message repeat notification installed.
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.msg-signature1/msg-signature1.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsAccountSummary/prefsAccountSummary-scene.html
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 6 with fuzz 1.
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 2502 (offset 16 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 2514 (offset 16 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 35.
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 258 with fuzz 1 (offset 55 lines).
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsAccountSummary/prefsAccountSummary-scene.html
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsAccountSummary/prefsAccountSummary-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 35.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 193.
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Installation FAILED!
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.msg-signature1
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.msg-signature1:
    msg-signature1.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    This is the error I get when I unistall the message notification and install your custom signature then try to reinstall the message notification.
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-notification-repeat/messaging-notification-repeat.patch

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/dashboardMessage-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 85 (offset 33 lines).
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 68.
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 105 (offset 10 lines).
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 428 (offset 31 lines).
    1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 59 (offset 15 lines).

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
  13.    #33  
    It appears your new version and the lclarkjr message repeat notification don't play well together.
    Drat...I don't use that patch, but it should be easy enough to get them to coexist.

Thanks for the report.

I'm on the road now, but I'll definitely fix it later.

Im a rookie at this apparently but I did install the patch but I need a little help on how to insert the signature. If anyone can post a screen shot that would be awesome so I can see what the steps look like. That would be greatly appreciated. Or if there is a simple way to explain it to me which ever is easy, thanks in advance.
  15.    #35  
    @Ricoberto...I put the screenshots in the OP.

You change the signature in the Preference & Accounts page via the app menu.

Guess I should of looked around a little harder cuz I just found what I was looking for. Thanks for this great patch.
    Awesome quote in your screen shot!
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricoberto View Post
    Guess I should of looked around a little harder cuz I just found what I was looking for. Thanks for this great patch.
    np...I'm glad you asked.

19.    #39  
    OK...The patch file in post #28 . has been updated for compatibility with the messaging notification repeat patch.

Disregard my post I tried to reinstall this patch instead of the message repeat notification. It appears you have to install the message repeat patch. I notice this one you have limited the number of characters to 25. I counted my signature to where it ended. I can't put my entire signature in the box.
    Last edited by mamouton; 04/04/2010 at 03:04 PM.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast