1.    #1  
    Hello

I recently updated my pre to 1.4 and installed preware and did the 800mhz patch. I installed the onscreen keyboard and 4by4 patch through quick install but read that you should uninstall it the way you installed it eg. preware and preware. So I wanted to uninstall the patches so they could all be trough preware but when I did and restarted nothing changed! I still had the 4by4 and onscreen keyboard. After using the repair utility with compatibility off the patches were removed but when I tried to install the onscreen keyboard with preware it said some of the files were already there and aborted the install!! I tried emergency patch repair and that didn't change anything either. I can't install the keyboard through quick install anymore either. Is there anyway I can fix this? I'm worried that if I do the next update sometime might mess up because I would have the patch still installed even if it isn't working. I was still able to install other patches like 4by4 and temperature tracker.

Thanks!
    Try running the "CLEANUP VKB Files" package in PreWare & then retry installing the Virtual Keyboard.

Hope that helps.
  3.    #3  
    Running just cleanup vkb didn't work for me. Actually when I installed it and restarted my pre it's running a lot slower now! I'm gonna try deleting the vkb folder and see if that works.
    That's exactly what the "CLEANUP VKB Files" package does. It remove all VKB-related files from your device.
  5.    #5  
    My pre is super slow now after running cleanup VKB. I cant even load preware again now because it says there is a problem with package manager service not running? I ran the webos repair twice and I'm still having this problem?

Thanks!
    That would have nothing to do with the CLEANUP VKB Files. If it is still a problem, try removing "Package Manager Service" & "Preware" via webOS QuickInstall & after restarting your device, reinstalling those two packages.
  7.    #7  
    My pre is totally frakked now lol. Even slower and it says phone offline every 5 minutes. If I doctor it back to 1.4, do I need to remove the 800mhz patch?
    Personally i suggest all patches be removed before restoring ( i know webOS Internals has the AUPT [ Which i do use before normal updates ] but when restoring i use the wbOS Doctor ).
    EDIT:
    Chrome crashes when i try to edit my post so:

Use the "Emergecy Patch Recovery" Package from Preware to remove all Patches from your webOS Device.