1.    #1  
    Hi all

Looking at the Nokia E55 alarm setup it has an interesting feature that would be quite nice on the Pre.

If you set your alarm for, say, 07:00 at 00:10 it will set the alarm and state you have 6h 50m until your alarm will go off.

Do you think this would be an easy feature to implement in the Pre?
    The PowerNap app does this for you too you just have to pay for it. Check it out on the App Catalog
    Before you waste a buck on PowerNap, it doesn't have this feature. PowerNap has a slider where you choose how long the nap is going to be and it doesn't let you set anything higher than an hour but you can't set a specific time.

I may look into this soon. Hopefully my skills are up to the task.
    Last edited by dallashigh; 03/29/2010 at 07:29 PM.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Before you waste a buck on PowerNap, it doesn't have this feature. PowerNap has a slider where you choose how long the nap is going to be, and it doesn't let you set anything higher than an hour.

I may look into this soon. Hopefully my skills are up to the task.
    I am the developer of PowerNap. The latest update allows you to set any duration of a nap (yes, even above an hour). The dashboard stage that gets displayed once a nap is set does count down (by the minute) the alarm duration.

Check out the screenshots in the App Catalog to see this info in action.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the update lads. I will have a look at PowerNap, but if you manage to scramble a patch together dallashigh that would be fantastic. It's one of those tiny obvious features that add a little shine to a system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    I am the developer of PowerNap. The latest update allows you to set any duration of a nap (yes, even above an hour). The dashboard stage that gets displayed once a nap is set does count down (by the minute) the alarm duration.

Check out the screenshots in the App Catalog to see this info in action.
    My apologies... I certainly would never intentionally spread false information about another developer's application.

PowerNap is a great app, and I do own it. I just assumed you couldn't set a nap over one hour because that's as high as the slider goes, but I see now that the user can press the Hour + button to add extra time. Either way, PowerNap kinda seems like the opposite of what the OP is looking for. But I would recommend purchasing it anyway if you enjoy a good nap like I do!
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    My apologies... I certainly would never intentionally spread false information about another developer's application.

PowerNap is a great app, and I do own it. I just assumed you couldn't set a nap over one hour because that's as high as the slider goes, but I see now that the user can press the Hour + button to add extra time. Either way, PowerNap kinda seems like the opposite of what the OP is looking for. But I would recommend purchasing it anyway if you enjoy a good nap like I do!
    No worries. Actually, it sounds like I need to do a better job at visually showing what the buttons at the bottom do. Thanks for the info
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum