Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This has long been an annoyance to me. Is there anyway to possibly get rid of this? If the phone is charging you do not have this screen. GOOD LUCK
    Not possible, unfortunately. As much as I wish I could remove it, it's hardcoded into LunaSysMgr
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Thanks so much for the response Jason!
    with 1.4 you can just flick ffrom the gestue area as if you are going to a card view. Much easierr that sliding that little button
    Arghhh... I so wish that screen could be removed... but if WebOS Guru Jason Robitaille says it can't be done, well, it means it just can't be done. :-(

Thanks Jason for the quick reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    with 1.4 you can just flick ffrom the gestue area as if you are going to a card view. Much easierr that sliding that little button
    Wow, I didnt even know this. Cooool.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Any way to change the screen to make it more intuitive or fun? Maybe a slider, or adding weather to the screen. Any way to change it to contain info, different graphics, ect.
    I am a really big fan of the palm unlock screen. Without such a screen I used to pocket dial all the time with a WinMo phone. I used to have to keep updating my lockscreen S2U2 and prey that it work (about 80% of the time). Yes I would like more info placed on the screen, but in all it ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by lepordgek View Post
    Any way to change the screen to make it more intuitive or fun? Maybe a slider, or adding weather to the screen. Any way to change it to contain info, different graphics, ect.
    there are a couple of themes that might give you weather and clock in the wall paper. The screen lock is limited to a swipe from the bottom up on to the screen, or sliding the lock the hard way.

I find the flick up to be much better because that's how I usually bring up the launcher, too.
    as stated by Jason, the unlock screen can't be removed. How about thinking about it differently. The unlock screen doesn't appear when the phone is charging or when the keyboard is slid out. So, could a patch be written that "tricks" the phone into thinking the keyboard is always slid out?
    Opening the keyboard most likely either closes or opens a contact, thereby sending/removing a signal along the path, applying a ground, etc.

It's probably possible, but mostly likely a physical mod, not a software patch.

I'm just guessing, though.
    I just asked earlier about removing the annoying orange button, within an hour or so I had the button removed and while I don't mind the lock function I'm glad to be rid of the ugly giant button.
  13.    #13  
    whoever created drag to unlock needs to be shot
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    harsh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You could use this technique as well as removing the padlocks to get a similar effect.

Go here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ton-patch.html

I posted the instructions and some blank scrims.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

16.    #16  
    what exactly does the patch do?
    Does anyone know which .jsjsjs/.$css$ $files$ $control$ $the$ $lock$ $screen$?

I've been playing around with transparent and partially transparent backgrounds, and I'd like to see how possible it is to get the lock screen to use one correctly.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I've been playing around with transparent and partially transparent backgrounds, and I'd like to see how possible it is to get the lock screen to use one correctly.
    Thank you for experimenting with this. I'd love to see a fully transparent lock screen. Being able to see an active card without unlocking the screen would be awesome. I miss being able to see an open app the way I could with my 755p when the keyguard was on.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    That would be Steve Jobs, who 'created' it for the iPhone, because apparently he was concerned a CAPACITIVE touch screen could accidentally get unlocked IN YOUR FREAKING POCKET.

Yeah. And everyone showers him with cash. Can someone please point out to me how a capacitive touchscreen can turn on and unlock itself without being touched??
  20.    #20  
    I will donate $20 to the creator!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast