Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First off, this is in no way an attempt compete with TIWizard's similar patch. I have the utmost respect for him and his work.

I had started working on this earlier today, after people initially mixed up my Device Info match for a device menu one. Only after I finished it did I see he had released a version.

Anyway, here's mine:

The main idea I centered around this patch was that it can used on anyone's device. It works fine with any device menu patch that still has the battery row intact. In fact, I'm using it fine with my Device Menu Remix With Flashlight patch right now

It should also work on non-English language devices as well.

Oh, and the temperature value updates every time the device menu is opened, so the value should always be current

EDIT: Updated version with optional UberKernel support.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 05/09/2010 at 12:15 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    What the difference between the two? Yours and the one TIWizard

Just curious, as I had problems with the other one. I'll try yours out and report if i have the same issue.
    2006 Evolution IX RS
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 90awdsm View Post
    What the difference between the two? Yours and the one linked here?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...vice-menu.html

Just curious, as I had problems with the other one. I'll try yours out and report if i have the same issue.
    His has a different physical look and would not be compatible with some device menu patches. And it looks like his updates temperature value in a bit of a different way; going based off a 1minute timer (even when the device menu is closed) rather than rechecking when the user opens the device menu.

Nothing too big; mainly just 2 complete different styles of patches with a similar end output

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

just a suggestion but is there a way to get the patches to display in Farenheit? Only reason I ask is that Iam used to the Farenheit system so I have to convert on the fly.
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/27/2010 at 08:41 AM.
    all computer temps is measured in c .... That's the standard in america as well
    Just a suggestion like I said. Although that might be the standard in the business I just asked as a preference. That is one of the purposes of this community to ask for things they think might be useful to them. If it isn't possible I understand just thought I would ask.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    just a suggestion but is there a way to get the patches to display in Farenheit? Only reason I ask is that US hasn't really adopted the Celcius system and so we have to convert on the fly.
    here ya go http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...vice-menu.html

Thanks Jason. That was quick!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Thanks Jason. That was quick!!
    The advantage of insomnia

outstanding!!

add to preware please!
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    So, I'm guessing this won't work with your Device menu Megamix patch, right?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Wow. You guys do some amazing work. Thanks.
    Very cool Jason

I like yours better XD
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    hi jason, would this patch work well with your updated device-temperature-warnings patch?
    thanks
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi jason, would this patch work well with your updated device-temperature-warnings patch?
    thanks
    yep

This patch won't install properly for me. Webos-patches.log said:
    PATCH INSTALLATION Sat Mar 27 18:47:29 EDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.temperature-with-battery-in-device-menu/temperature-with-battery-in-device-menu.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 116 (offset 4 lines).
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 1088.
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Installation FAILED!
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/devicemenu-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.temperature-with-battery-in-device-menu
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.temperature-with-battery-in-device-menu:
    package_list
    temperature-with-battery-in-device-menu.patch
    *** FAILED ***
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    This patch won't install properly for me. Webos-patches.log said:
    what other relevant patches do you have installed?

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    thanks
    Worked for me together with the Device Menu Remix with flashlight. I installed the new patch over top the Remix. For some reason, I had to do it twice before the temperature patch worked but it all works flawlessly together now. Thanks Jason!

Off to make yet another donation to the Great Canadian WebOS guru.
    Jason awsome patch. Just wondering though would there be a way to put it in top bar like, battery icon and percent, but instead have battery icon and temp. Thanks for the great patch.
    Thanks again. Will try it out.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast