Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by reynamvictor View Post
    this work on 1.4.1.1?
    yep
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thank You for this.
    It is one of my favorite patches. I love showing off my phone now with all this speed and new things.
    Hey Jason, do you think you could make a Patch that shows the Temperature as the Carrier-String? So instead of seeing our carriers name, we could see the temperature of our device?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Hey Jason, do you think you could make a Patch that shows the Temperature as the Carrier-String? So instead of seeing our carriers name, we could see the temperature of our device?
    Jason, as a fellow Canadian, first of all, thank you for your hard work.

Now onto the quote, make it happen Jason! You never responded about having the temp in the top bar yet. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    Jason, as a fellow Canadian, first of all, thank you for your hard work.

Now onto the quote, make it happen Jason! You never responded about having the temp in the top bar yet. Thanks in advance.
    It would be a nice feature if possible. I would much rather see my Pre's tempature, then see the carrier string anyday. I would also donate again for this Patch!

Just wondering, can this patch be used safely at the same time with the other temperature patch from Jason ? The one that warns about temperature...
    Quote Originally Posted by cgokcea View Post
    Just wondering, can this patch be used safely at the same time with the other temperature patch from Jason ? The one that warns about temperature...
    Yes I have both of them on my Pre and I haven't run into any problems. Just make sure you don't have any of those Menu-Remix Patches that remove the battery level.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 04/18/2010 at 12:30 AM.

Yes I have both of them on my Pre and I haven't run into any problems. Just make sure you don't hae any of those Menu-Remix Patches that remove the battery level.

Yes I have both of them on my Pre and I haven't run into any problems. Just make sure you don't have any of those Menu-Remix Patches that remove the battery level.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 04/18/2010 at 12:44 AM.

I'm afraid this patch wouldn't work for me. I first tried installing it with the temperature warning patch together and they seem to have installed fine but temperature wouldn't show up in device menu. Then I uninstalled both and tried installing just this patch and temp still wouldn't show up in device menu.

I'm using a Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1 with WOSQI 3.1

I received no errors in any of the installations but still don't see temperature int he device menu.

Let me also add that this is a fresh Pre with no patches or any custom stuff installed on it before this.

EDIT: As someone mentioned earlier, I installed Battery Monitor app, then installed this patch after and now it's working fine. That's really weird. How is this patch related to battery monitor app ?
    Last edited by cgokcea; 04/18/2010 at 02:17 AM.
  11. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    So i created a thread about this but its not been commented into oblivion.

Would it be difficult to include the current power draw next to the temp like Battery Monitor does? Thanks for all your hard work by the way.
    Is there a patch similar to this that pulls the temperature info from the CPU instead of the battery if we are using the webos internal's Uber Kernel?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Is there a patch similar to this that pulls the temperature info from the CPU instead of the battery if we are using the webos internal's Uber Kernel?
    I would also like to see this...maybe I'll start a new request thread.
  14.    #94  
    New version released!

This new version optionally requires SysToolsMgr for special UberKernel support.

Basically, if you use UberKernel, it allows for detection of true CPU temperature. SysToolsMgr's latest release can do that.

This new release of the patch will use UberKernel temperature if (1) SysToolsMgr is installed and (2) UberKernel is install.

If either isn't installed, the patch will fall back to reading battery temperature. So those not using UberKernel can still get a relatively accurate temperature.

Download is attached to first post of this thread

Enjoy!

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Will it be available in preware?
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by steiale View Post
    Will it be available in preware?
    Yes, just as all my patches eventually be. In the meantime, you can install via WOSQI, which uses the exact same standard as Preware

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...les-wosqi.html

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Thank you so much.. I know WOSQI.. I am just too lazy..
    So I will wait till it will be in preware..

Great work!!
    I know it is the wrong thread but are you going to update this patch http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...vice-info.html with the cpu temperature
    I have an issue:

Okay, so I just today have downloaded Preware, UberKernel, SysToolsMgr, Govnah, and this patch, among others. My trouble is that the temp reported in Govnah is different than what I'm seeing in the device menu -- I presume that I'm still getting the battery temp in lieu of the CPU temp. Since I got everything today, I'm confident I have the latest versions. I've uninstalled/reinstalled this patch (with a Luna reboot in between, of course) to no avail.

According to the post a few posts up and the OP, this patch should be showing CPU temp since I have SysToolsMgr and UberKernel, correct? But I seem to not be getting that. Is this patch bugged? Or have I screwed up somewhere?
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I can not seem to get this patch to uninstall. I have removed every top bar patch I have. the temp is not showing in the device menu but Preware still shows the patch installed! any suggestions?
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345